Missed

"Were you the one who just called Winter?"

Although the question was intended for Karina to answer, Winter knew that she needs to say something too. Somi had the notion that the one calling her earlier was her girlfriend.

Winter shifted her eyes to Karina who's as speechless as her. She doesn't know if she hallucinating or not, but Karina's eyes were focused on her and Somi's linked arms.

"Yes," said Karina, before Winter could even speak up.

Winter felt Somi's grip on her arm tightened. The three of them, including Mark, are now staring at Karina. It might not be that obvious but Winter was the most surprised of them all. Answering Somi's question like that could make the blonde think that they are really an item.

"Yes, Somi, I was the one who called her." karina confirmed further.

Somi look confused. "So you're the one Winter is supposed to go out with today?"

Winter swallowed something in her throat. Yunjin said that if Karina will pretend to be her girlfriend again, it only means that she likes her.

"Yes,"came Karina's response.

Somi looked back and forth to Winter and Karina, slowly removing her arm from Winter.

"We're supposed to talk about our new project," said Karina in her authoritative tone. "It's not like what you're thinking, Somi. It's a business meeting, not a date."

"Oh, I'm sorry," said Somi, bowing her head.

Winter was a bit disappointed but felt relieved as well because they could get rid of the intern now.

"But if it's about a task can I still tag along so I could learn more, Ms. Karina?" Somi who seemed to have found another way to include herself in, asked them.

Winter brought a hand to her nape. Damnit! This blonde doesn't really know when to give up.

Karina walked towards them. "Sure. But on one condition... we should bring along Mark too."

"Me?" asked Mark, taking out both his hands from his pockets.

"Yes," Karina answered, still in her bossy aura. "You're an intern too, right?

You'll get something out of this so you should tag along."

"Oh, okay."

Winter frowned and puff her cheeks.

Great. My date has been totally ruined.

---

Winter is disappointed. She's been missing Karina so much that she mustered all the courage to finally ask the girl out. It is also her way of gauging if something is wrong with the two of them, or if something has really changed.

Although she has no plans of confessing, Winter was hoping that the night would end like how their nights ended in Gampo: full of laughter, teasing, and just pure sweetness. However, all of those expectations are far from what's currently happening. Instead of waiting alone in her car for Karina, they are now walking together in the parking area along with two chaperones.

She felt heartsick when she saw Somi walking ahead of them, obviously aiming for the front seat.

Winter was punching her own thigh due to frustration.

Oh, please, what could be worse? Having two chaperones with us while my supposed-to-be-date will be sitting at the back? Damn,I so hate this day!

Just as she thought, when she unlocked the car with her remote, Somi grabbed the knob to the front seat.

"Back seat," said Karina, approaching the car. "You better sit beside Mark."