Hospital

"HAHAHA!"

"I can't believe it, he's here," Ningning sniggered after hearing the loud guffaw of a man from inside the hospital room.

"He?" asked Giselle.

"Winter's dad. He's a funny guy. You'll see." said Ning, knocking on the door.

A tall man, whom Karina assumed to be Winter's dad, opened the door for them. "Look who we have here!" he exclaimed, arms stretched wide. "Isn't this the almighty Ning descending from Mount Olympus to captivates women's hearts?"

Ning immediately threw herself for a big hug. "Haha! I missed you, uncle!"

"I missed you too, kiddo." He tapped her back. He pulled away when he noticed Giselle and Karina. "Oh, and you brought your pretty friends. Come on in now," he said, gesturing to them. "Tiger, you got visitors."

Karina smiled at the pet name. Her eyes immediately searched for Winter and found her lying on the bed with a bandaged right foot. She felt relieved and worried at the same time. No one knows how much she struggled to maintain her composure not to hug the poor patient at the moment.

Although others might not have noticed it, Karina surely saw how Winter was surprised to see her there. It was a brief shock that Winter immediately changed to a smile when she turned to look at Ning and Giselle.

Aside from Winter's dad, there were other people inside. One is a middle age beautiful woman, whom Karina initially assumed as Winter's relative due to resemblance, and then there's...

Yunjin? What is she doing here?

Karina's eyebrows furrowed while looking at Yunjin who's currently sitting ON the hospital bed, BESIDE Winter.

"Hey, guys," said Winter, looking more cheery now compared to how she was last Friday.

Ning pointed a finger on Winter's foot and said, "Dude, what's up? You got it pretty bad, eh?"

"Im fine, come on. You've seen worse, remember?" said Winter, reminding Ning of the car accident before, which the latter answered with a laugh.

"What happened to you?" asked Giselle, walking towards Winter.

"Just minor foot injury. I can go back to work the day after tomorrow," Winter answered. "Miss me already?"

"Of course," said Giselle, tapping Winter's leg. "It just doesn't feel the same not seeing you passing by the hallway. Right, Rin?"

Karina, who was zoning out while looking at how close Yunjin's body is to Winter, was brought back to earth. "Uh. y-yeah.."

Not knowing what to say, Winter looked around and realized something

Not knowing what to say, Winter looked around and realized something. "Oh, guys, meet my dad and Aunt Yaya." She pointed at the two. The siblings greeted everyone with a wai.

Winter turned to Yunjin this time. "These are my friends and colleagues: Ning, Giselle, and... Karina, Guys, meet Yunjin." Giselle made an "ooh" sound after hearing Yunjin's name.