I'll Never Let Go (Balthazar x Reader)

You finally had a day off and you decided to watch the Titanic. You knew two things for certain: one, that movie would definitely make you sob; two, you would need some chocolate, wine and a dozen tissues to make it through the film.

Reaching the part where the Titanic hit the iceberg, you started crying. Too soon, you thought and reached for a tissue to wipe away your tears. You were so caught up in the movie that you hadn't even heard the quiet flutter of wings behind you.

"A bit more ice, please."

You were startled and you paused the movie. Looking behind you, you saw Balthazar standing in the middle of your living room with a drink in his hand. You glared at him for making fun of your favourite movie. He tried to act innocent with a sweet smile on his lips, but you just raised your eyebrows and kept glaring at him until Balthazar dropped the act.

"I know, you love this God awful movie, but I wasn't kidding," he said and shook his glass. "Do you have some ice?"

All you wanted to do was hitting that arrogant angel in the face with a chair, but instead you let out an irritated sigh and pointed at the freezer.

"Oh, wonderful."

After a minute of rumbling, he plopped down on the couch next to you with his now iced drink in his hand. You refused to look at him and stared at the paused screen. Balthazar noticed the tear stains on your cheeks and furrowed his brow.

"You were crying. Is everything okay?" he asked with a hint of concern in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"Are you hurt?"

"No."

"Is someone you like hurt?"

"Nope."

"Have someone dumped you?"

"No- wait, what?! Of course not." you said and gave him a funny look.

Balthazar sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Are you trying to tell me that you were crying over this stupid movie?"

You suddenly felt defensive and wrapped your arms around yourself. "So what if I was? It's a very emotional movie. It's tragic. They've only known each other for a couple of days and they were willing to sacrifice everything for each other and-and.."

Your tears appeared again and you knew you would start sobbing again. Damn romantic movies, you thought and sniffed.

It was Balthazar's turn to sigh out of irritation. He placed his glass on the table and embraced you. You were glad to notice that even Balthazar was a softie on the inside.

"O, Juliet... Wait, wrong romance," he said and you couldn't help but laugh. "Ugh.. Got it! I'll never let go, I promise."

He changed his voice and tried to sound like a cheesy protagonist from a romantic movie. You laughed and hit him playfully. After a couple of moments, you found it hard to breathe in his tight embrace.

"Uh, Balthazar, I can't breathe.."

"I'll never let go." he mocked you, but eventually pulled back. "How about we make a deal?"

"A deal? I thought that was the demons' style, not yours."

"Very funny. Okay, here it is. I watch this.. this thing with you if you promise not to cry."

"You've got yourself a deal, Angel."