The Third Winchester (Castiel x slight!Sam x slight!Dean x Winchester!Reader)

"(Y/n), look," started Jeremy, the leader of your hunting group, "I know you don't like working with strangers. But I owe these guys. And they just wanna tag along."

"I know."

"Great. They're the best hunters in this whole God damn country." Jeremy smiled when he saw your unamused expression. "But I bet you could kick their asses."

You smirked and licked your lips. "Damn right."

Jeremy continued smiling and started sharpening his dagger.

"So," you began and leaned against the table, "what's with the angel?"

"Castiel?" He shook his head. "I don't know. The Winchesters seem to trust him. And that's good enough for me."

...

Sam and Dean sat in the corner of the room and eyed you.

"She's hot.."

Sam slapped Dean's arm. "She's our sister," He reminded his older brother. "But I gotta give it to you, she really is beautiful."

"Yes, she is," came a gruff voice from behind them. Castiel had appeared out of thin air.

"Are you hitting on our sister, Cas?" Dean's tone had a warning edge to it.

"Hitting? Why would I hit-"

"Guys, please." Sam sighed. "She doesn't even know about us. Man, she's my twin sister and she doesn't even suspect anything."

"I just wish Dad's taken care of her as well." Dean frowned. "How could a baby get lost?"

"She wasn't lost." Castiel hadn't taken his eyes off you ever since he arrived. "She was taken."

"By whom?" asked Sam.

"Angels. The Lord has a different plan for her."

"You know what? I'm fed up with the Lord and Heaven and angels," burst out Dean, "I just want her to know who we really are."

Cas zapped from the room and the boys sat there confused.

...

You went to the small armory in your bunker and chose a pure silver knife. After all, you were going to hunt some shapeshifter that night. Testing its sharpness, you ran a fingertip lightly along the blade's edge.

You heard a quiet flutter behind you. "Careful. Don't cut yourself."

You whipped around and pushed the man in the dirty trench coat against the wall. Your knife pushed into the skin of his neck.

"I do not believe your knife would do me any harm," said the angel and you let go of him with a huff. Your turned your back on him and pretended to test the rest of the weapons. His presence made you feel uneasy and it wasn't anything you were used to. Usually, you intimidated people with your quiet bluntness and mysterious skills, but he seemed unaffected by them and it angered you.

"It must have been really hard.. Growing up without a family."

You dropped the gun you were holding and it landed with a loud bang. Anger and sadness welled up in you. How dare he..? Castiel continued as if he hadn't noticed anything. "I have many brothers and a strict father. I don't really know how you feel. But I am sorry."

"Don't be. I have a family as well."

Castiel picked up the gun and placed it in your hands. "Please. Tell me."

"Michael brought me up. But I guess you already knew that. After he left, Jeremy and his group found me. They're my family. Family doesn't end with blood."

Cas gave you a tiny smile. "You're so much like them."

You looked at him and felt confused. "Like who?"

"Your brothers."

"I-I have brothers..?" you stuttered.

"Yes. They're still alive."

You gathered your stuff up hurriedly and pulled on your jacket. "Great, where are they? I'll skip the hunt and drive there."

"There's no need for that. They're in the main room."

Your limbs felt numb and you sank down on a chair. "Sam and Dean?"

Cas nodded with a small smile. "Dean is your older brother. Sam is your twin."

You dropped the duffle bag and took a moment to take in everything. Silent tears streaked down your cheeks.

...

"Where the hell did Cas go?" Dean asked worriedly.

"I've done you a favor."

"D-don't do that..." Dean whined, because Cas scared him.

"Ugh.. Thanks, I guess?" Sam made a grimace and looked at Cas questioningly. "Wanna tell us anything else?"

Cas shook his head.

...

You appeared in the door, looking pretty shaken up and out of breath. Jeremy was already up and asking you whether you felt okay, but you pushed past him. You stared at the boys, your brothers and strode up to them.

Sam looked around uncomfortably. "(Y/n), is there anything-"

Sam couldn't finish his sentence, because you wrapped your arms around him tightly and cried into his chest. He hugged you back. "I take it you know everything then.."

Cas beamed proudly. "You're welcome."

You let go of Sam after what felt like a year and hugged Dean. He picked you up and swirled you around. "Hey, sis."

You started crying again and Dean kissed the top of your head and murmured soothingly in your ear. "Easy now, Princess. We've got you, we ain't going anywhere."

Saving people. Hunting things. The family business.

~Author's note~

I'm so proud of this one, probably one of my favorite one shot so far.

What do you think?

Vote and comment! ❤