Humanity Loki'd (Dean x demigod!Reader x Sam x slight!Loki)

"Odin is dead..." repeated Loki for the third time. "That means I finally get to rule Asgard."

You looked at your best friend and sighed a little. "Right. Cause that worked out so well the last time."

Loki, who was still deep in his thoughts, only grunted. That day was one of those rare occasions when the Trickster had agreed to blend in with the curious Midgardians. You adored humans and found joy in being around them. Plus, you loved when Loki wore Midgardian outfits chosen by you. However, you always tried to avoid New York and the Stark tower in fear of being discovered by the Avengers or triggering negative emotions in Loki.

You raised your cup and took a sip of your delicious coffee. "How are you even planning on getting back to Asgard?"

"You underestimate me, (Y/n)..." Loki said and smirked.

"Cocky..." you muttered under your breath and he just laughed.

...

You were walking in a park at night, enjoying the calm environment and peace. You had been aware of the presence of two humans following you around all day and at that moment you felt them closing in on you. There goes my peace, you thought and sighed in annoyance. You slowed down so they would be able to catch up to you. It worked, because the next thing you felt was the sharp tip of a wooden stake pressed into your back. "Why don't we go for a walk?"

"You could have just asked me out, Dean Winchester." You said lazily as you recognized the Winchester brothers. "I've heard so much about you, boys... It's an honor to officially meet you."

"(Y/n)..." hissed the younger Winchester, Sam.

"So what now?" you asked as you slowly turned around.

"This is the part where you beg for your life." Dean barked and pointed the piece of wood directly at your stomach. "Or I'll kill you."

"I haven't done anything wrong to you, have I?"

Sam shook his head. "No," he admitted. "You haven't. But your friend, Loki, on the other hand has killed hundreds of people. We only want to know where he is. If you tell us, we'll let you go."

"What if I say no?"

"In that case, it'll be my pleasure to finish you off." Dean replied and smirked.

"With what? That piece of wood?"

Sam and Dean exchanged a look. Dean tighten his grip on the stake and regained his confident posture. "We can see right through your lies, (Y/n)."

You had a confused look on your face. You knew all the ways to kill a demigod and you were certain that a wooden stake was not of them. And then as an old memory came back to you, you suddenly understood everything. "I'll be damned..." you chuckled and shook your head.

"What is it?" asked an irritated Sam.

"That thing is useless on my kind.. I think we all just got Loki'd. And fellas, one more thing. I do not approve of Loki killing Midgardians. But I love him, he's the closest thing to family... So I can't help you. I'm sorry."

You disappeared and left a confused Sam and a furious Dean behind.

...

"Tell me."

Loki bit back a smile and started explaining. "You know that Midgardian book that was written about us? The Norse mythology? Well, I simply went back in time and changed a thing or two in our favor..."

You laughed a little. "You know, I usually hate your little tricks, but I can't deny your brilliance."

His facial expression suddenly turned grim. "I decided to alter their knowledge after I've seen a glimpse of the future."

Loki pressed his lips into a thin line and you opted for abandoning the topic when you sensed his tension. He never told you that he saw the Winchester bothers kill you in the park that night and you never knew you'd be dead if it weren't for Loki.