I Was A Human Once (Castiel x Demon!Reader)

"I want to help." You looked at the Winchesters and the angel. Being tied to a chair and being trapped in a demon trap was not your idea of fun, but they wouldn't listen to you otherwise so you went with it. "I know you don't trust me and that's okay. But you can't get in without me. You'll all get killed."

"And since when do you care, hm?" asked Dean. "You're just another demon scum, aren't you? You say you can sneak us into that heavily guarded building. But what's the catch?"

"There's no catch. I swear. Though it has a price." You looked at them and prepared yourself for what was about to come.

"What price?" the angel questioned.

"The deal is the following. I take you inside and in exchange, you kill me. It's simple, isn't it?" You closed your eyes. Or, well, the body you were currently possessing did. You just didn't want to see their faces.

"Kill you?" Sam asked. "Why would you want to die?"

"Because I'm tired."

Dean angrily circled you. "When will you stop lying?"

"I was a human once... I sold my soul to Crowley for my sister so she could live. I had no other choice. After my 10 years were up, I was taken to Hell." You stared directly into Dean's eyes. "And after they broke me, I started torturing souls. I became more and more twisted and not to mention powerful until Lucifer came back. He personally chose me to work with him in the Apocalypse. It was all fine until I... Until I heard about my sister's death. I left everything behind. Crowley is still looking for me.. He never got over the fact that I chose Lucifer over him."

You took a deep breath and opened your eyes. "I always hated those 'mainstream' demons anyway so I figured I would finish my career with a random act of kindness."

"Alright," said Castiel.

"What?! No, Cas, it's not alri-"

"I'll take care of her after she's snuck us in, Dean. Don't worry. She wasn't lying."

"We'll see."

...

"I told you I'd do it." You smiled at the three of them. "I did my part of the deal. Now it's your turn."

"Sam, Dean; go. I've got this."

"You heard Cas," said Dean, "He's got it. Let's go."

The brothers left and now it was just you and Castiel.

"Before you finish me, angel, I gotta ask... Is it gonna hurt?" You looked at Castiel, trying to control your fear.

"It's funny.. I've done this many times, but I never knew whether it hurt them or not..."

"Reassuring," you huffed and squeezed your eyes shut. "I guess I'll have to find out. Let's do this."

For the next minute, nothing happened and you cautiously opened just one eye to see what caused the holdup. Castiel just stood there and stared at your face with a thoughtful expression.

You cleared your throat and raised your eyebrows. "We had a deal."

"I'm not going to kill you."

"You promised!" you shouted at the angel as angry tears welled up in your eyes.

"I know, but I can't. I can see your true face. And it's terrible... But I can still see something that's not quite demonic. There's still some human left in you and I simply can't kill you." Castiel took a step back. "You won't die. Not this time."

"Thank you." Walking up to him, you kissed him on the lips. Pulling back, you felt the salty tears on your cheeks and you knew it was over. "Thank you for making my last moment in this world beautiful."

"What..?"

You raised the demon-killing blade you had stolen from Cas while you were kissing and thrust it in your chest.

~Author's note~

Oookay this turned out way more depressing than I wanted it. But hey, don't blame me. Blame Meg and Cas because they're so adorable and their relationship inspired this one shot.

Vote and comment guys!! ♥

Let me know in the comments who you want to see in the next updates!!!