It's Never Gonna Be Me (Dean x Reader)

You should have been celebrating. After all, you had just finished a successful vampire hunt and saved a lot of people. But right now, even your (favorite/drink) tasted bitter. You sat next to Sam silently and stared at the glass in your hand. However hard you tried not to look, you still heard it. The giggles of the pretty blonde girl Dean was talking to reached your ears through the loud music and chatter.

She was a slender girl with a pretty face, long legs and curly blonde hair. She was wearing a revealing pink cocktail dress and high heels. You were nothing like her. Not that you weren't pretty, because you were (even if you couldn't see it), but she was so different, so innocent. The long years of hunting made you rough and you couldn't care less about your appearance. You glanced down at yourself and you had to snort. Combat boots, ripped jeans, grey hoodie, brown leather jacket. You weren't even sure you had ever owned a skirt at least.

Sam knew about your tender feelings for his brother and honestly pitied you. Hearing your snort, he glanced at you. "What's up?"

"Nothing. I was just-"

Your sentence was interrupted by the loud laughter of the blonde and you eyed her back angrily. Dean caught you and Sam looking in his direction and grinned like a fool. He gave you the thumbs up and the both of you knew just exactly what that meant.

Sam looked at you encouragingly. "You were just..?"

"Like I said, nothing. Just forget it."

"It's Dean, isn't it?" Sam asked.

"Sam, I've already told I've moved-"

"Moved on, you don't even think about him anymore, you can't see yourself with him, he doesn't mean that much to you, yeah, I know. You've already told me this a couple of times." He was just as tired of this as you were. Because in all honesty, you were tired of lying to yourself. Pretending to be okay all the time is incredibly difficult and exhausting.

You sighed and took a sip of your drink. "Of course it's him."

The next song came on and you wanted to scream in frustration when you heard the tune of Girl Crush. You felt like you had more than enough for that night and you stood up.

"He's gonna notice you one day, (Y/n)," said Sam, "I know."

You shook your head in disbelief and downed the rest of your drink. "It's never gonna be me."