Coffee With A Stranger (Gabriel x Reader)

You entered your favorite coffee shop and let out a relieved sigh. Your day had been really stressful and you had been looking forward to this moment all day. Ever since your boyfriend dumped you, this was the only place that had given you some kind of comfort. You were just about to order a nice (favorite/coffee) when someone called your name.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n), over here!"

You turned around and saw an unfamiliar man sitting at a table all by himself. You noticed that he had two cups in front of him, and noted that the untouched one was in fact your favorite. You raises your eyebrows and slowly approached the man whose face broke into an adorably wide smile.

"Ugh, excuse me.." you said and nervously played with the end of your hair. "Do we know each other..?"

"Yes. I mean no. You don't know me. But I know a lot of things about you." he replied and leaned back in his chair.

"Wow.. That's not creepy at all..."

The man laughed and you couldn't help but notice how cute he really was. "Please have a seat. I went ahead and ordered a coffee for you, if you don't mind. And if I'm not mistaken, it is your favorite."

You sank down on the chair across his and smiled cautiously. "It is indeed. How did you know?"

"Oh, (Y/n), I know so much more about you." he smiled mischievously.

"Have you been stalking me..?"

"No, that's not my style. You know what? Let's make a deal." He folded his hands on the table and gazed into your eyes. "You don't worry about these things and we just chat casually for now. Whenever you wanna go home, you can. And that's when you can ask all your questions."

You nodded and licked your lips. "So is this like a date or something?"

"It is whatever you want it to be." he said and winked at you with a small smile plastered on his face.

...

The owners of the coffee shop kicked you both out after closing time and you found yourself strolling the streets with this stranger you'd grown to like so much in the last couple of hours. He took your hand in his and though he wasn't much taller than you, he made you feel so secure.

"May I walk you home, my lady?" he asked half mockingly and you laughed. "Of course."

You walked in comfortable silence for a couple of minutes.

"Wait... This is practically the moment I wanna go home. Does that mean that I get to ask my questions?" You turned to him.

"Ask away."

"What's your name?"

"I'm Gabriel." He obviously enjoyed revealing all these information and he didn't try to hide it.

"How did you know me?"

"I heard your prayer."

You stopped dead in your tracks. "Wait.. what? My prayers..?"

"You're going through a tough time, I understand. With your ex breaking up with you, the pressure, the stress... You feel alone, not worthy of attention. And I know you prayed for an angel to come and bring you peace, which I am, it's just that I'm not working in the Heavenly business anymore. But I was still hoping that I've at least brought a little peace and comfort for you."

"You mean it's all real?"

"Damn right it is."

"A-and there are other angels out there?"

Gabriel sighed. "Yeah, there are a lot of us. But they're so caught up in their own problems that they forget the reason why we were really created. To be good, to help... And don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly the best either... But at least I care."

You stopped in front of your home and you looked at Gabriel. "I don't know why... But I believe you. And I want to thank you for caring."

He smiled at you and gently cupped your face with his hands. "I've seen enough of your romantic movies to know which part comes now."

You giggled and drew closer to him. He pressed his lips lightly on yours and you wrapped your arms around him as your innocent little kiss turned into a heated make out session. You pulled away for some air and realized how flushed you had become. "You wanna come in?" you found yourself asking. Gabriel chuckled in response and shook his head. "No, I wanna do it the old fashioned way. I don't wanna mess it up. Do you wanna go out with me some other day perhaps?"

"Heck yeah."

"That's my girl. Tuesday, 7 o'clock. Wear something fancy."

And with that he simply disappeared.

Needles to say, you didn't think of your ex-boyfriend that night...

~Author's note~

Yaay finally some Gabriel! ❤

You guys should be thankful... After all, nobody died or left or had a broken heart in this update.

Vote and comment if you like Gabriel! ♥