Part two.

——

When we get to the Capitol we are rushed to the centre where they prepare us for our stylists. I stay silent as my prep team wax all the hair that was left off of my body.

This is my routine every time I come to the Capitol. Snow needs me to look my best for my 'clients.'

After they're done, I'm left standing, naked in a room with only a vanity and a chair, void of any people which appears to have no doors but I know that's just an illusion. I turn to my right to see a thin robe hanging of the back of the chair and resist the temptation to cover myself.

After a moment my stylist, Orion comes in, and upon seeing me naked he sighs. "You can put on your robe."

I hated my stylist in the first games. My dress was practically see through for my first interview, I've had Orion for a few years now.

My lips curve upwards into a slight smile as I wrap it around my body as he hangs the dress up on the side of the vanity mirror.

I turn to look at the dress my Orion had laid out for me. A royal purple floor length dress, the neck and top of chest area exposed, and corset covered in jewels with puffy sleeves and skirt.

"It's gorgeous." I grin and pull him into a hug, him hugging back.

Orion had styled me in my victory tour, he has since retired but came back when he heard about the quarter quell.

"And that's not all my dear!" He says with his thick capitol accent as he reaches for a box laid out on the table. Inside is a necklace and tiara made of the same purple jewels.

"A tiara. For the Capitol's princess."

My lips curve upward, into a slight smile as he places it atop my brown hair, which had previously been styled into intricate braids.

——

I step out of my dressing room, just as my father is exiting his, wearing purple dress trousers and a black shirt with a crown made of the same gold and purple jewels as my tiara. He smiles upon seeing me and holds his arm out which I gladly take.

He guides me towards the chariot and I stop to pet the horses. "I'm going to go over and see Brutus, I'll come back soon." He says and kisses me on the forehead.

As he turns to leave a stroke the horse and look around at my soon-to-be opponents.

I watch as my old friend Finnick talks to Katniss and turns to leave when he sees Peeta approaching. He looks around for a moment before he notices me and walks over, grinning.

"Aimee!" He shouts out making me smile and wave him over.

He runs up and I embrace him in a hug. "I missed you!" I whisper into his ear.

Me and Finnick are close. We're both in the Capitol a lot and spend most of our free time together. I haven't been back in a couple weeks though.

"I missed you too aimes." He whispers back, using my nickname and pulls away.

The smile remains on my face as I begin to question him. "What were you saying to Katniss?" I ask out of pure curiosity.

"Why? Jealous?" His mouth curves upwards into a smirk and I snort, trying to cover up my burning ears with my hair.

"Always were a joker weren't you?"

"Well, that's what they say. I must mention you look incredibly beautiful tonight." He tries to flirt again and I laugh lightly, trying not to seem flustered.

"Funny. Love to borrow that outfit some day."

He pauses. Offended before retorting. "I'm sure you would." I hear the voice over the speakers telling the tributes to get to their chariots so Finnick does a mock salute and struts over to find Mags.

I wait by the horses for my father as he walks up to me and offers his arm to help me into the chariot. After I'm up he walks over to his side and grips my hand tightly.

"Smile and wave." He mutters as the doors swing open and I plaster a smile on my face as the chariot starts moving forward.

I grin and wave at the crowd who are screaming our names and throwing roses at the chariot. I use my hand to blow a kiss to the crowd that makes them go crazy and I give a light-hearted laugh.

I take a glance at the screens to see that we are shimmering. Literally. The reflections of the jewels with the light makes us look like moving disco balls. Orion has done it again.

The thought makes me smile even more as we come to a stop and listen to president snows speech.

——

Aunt Cash greets us as we get down from the chariot and I smile at her. Hardly being able to move in my dress. It's gorgeous, but heavy.

"Aimee, Gloss, you both did so well." She smiles as she cups my face and I nod at her as I watch her walk off. We begin to walk towards the elevator when we are stopped by Haymitch, the victor of the last quarter quell and mentor to Katniss and Peeta.

We met on my victory tour when I made my appearance in twelve, we've been friends ever since. He's an alcoholic but he's friendly when you get to know him.

"Aimee! Gloss! I'd like you to meet Katniss and Peeta." He smiles and gestures towards the two. Clearly trying to find them decent allies.

I hold my hand out to Peeta, who gives it a firm shake and to Katniss who does the same. "It's great to meet you. I love the fire." I compliment as I smile and step back, beside my dad.

"Thank you, it's all due to Cinna." She accepts it modestly as my dad and Haymitch begin conversation. "It was really brave of you to volunteer for your aunt." She says and I give her a sad smile.

"Thank you. And you Peeta, with Haymitch I mean. We all know he wouldn't make it far." I say and smile as Haymitch jokingly glares at me.

I giggle and my dad places his arm around my shoulder. "It's been nice seeing you." I wave as he guides me away, into the elevator.

As the door shuts I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I can feel my fathers eyes on me but I ignore him and take my hair down from the braided bun that has been giving me a headache the whole time.

How is this happening? What did we do to deserve this? The deal was that we could live our lives in peace and now this?

I look down, trying to keep the tears at bay. When my father reaches over and pulls me into a hug.

"We'll be alright." He mutters into my hair and gives me a kiss on the top of my head whilst stroking my hair.

——

A/N : some things are going to be accurate to the books and some to the movies, whatever I think would help the story more (if that makes sense)

Also! Should I put the parts of mockingjay in this book or make another one?