Part seven.

——

I'm still sitting with my father, knives at my side and Katniss looks to me and nods behind me where I see monkey-mutts in front of Peeta's face, causing me to panic and grasp one of my knives.

I can hardly move. What do I do?

My father stands in front of me protectively as the others try to approach Peeta without bothering the mutts. "Peeta" Katniss says to him, unsure of what to do in this situation.

"Yeah?" He questions as he turns around, oblivious.

"Walk over here slowly." She replies, giving no context. He looks up and one immediately growls at him.

His eyes widen and he begins to slowly back up, towards us when as mutts surround us, growling. I stand up, painfully and grab my belt full of knives to wrap around my waist.

I do so quickly and hold one up, threateningly as they continue to back us into a circle. "Get to the beach." Katniss murmurs quietly as they start jumping at us.

I slice one in the neck just as it jumps at me, throw a knife at another. As Peeta picks Katniss up from the water he exclaims. "We gotta get to the beach!" They sprint through the clearing in the trees whilst My father grabs me and picks me up over his shoulder.

I don't have time to argue as he runs down and Finnick is behind us giving us time.

I see Peeta on the floor wrestling with one of the mutts and shout "PEETA!" Just as the morphling female jumps out of the bush and in the way of the mutt.

I watch as it sinks it's teeth into her and my father continues to rush me towards the beach.

Peeta gets up and stabs it in the back. "Who is that?!" Katniss screeches, confused.

"A morphling! Help me get her." Peeta exclaims and they both move to pick her up whilst my father sets me down on the beach.

I cling to my fathers arm to stop him from running into the mutts as Katniss and Peeta rush over and bring the morphling into the water, Peeta cradling her in his arms as she wheezes.

He whispers comforting words to her, talking about the colours of the sky as she takes her last breath. As her body slumps into the water the mutts turn, walking away.

After a moment, Katniss and Peeta step away from her, watching her body float away into the water. That's when we hear the noise of the hovercraft.

It comes and takes her away and my father walks over to Finnick, helping him catch the fish.

——

We are sitting eating our fish and I make a face at the smell causing Katniss to give me a dirty look, clearly convinced I've had a life of privilege. If only she knew.

We hear screams and we all immediately rise to our feet and back into the bushes. "That's new." Peeta states as we watch a wave of water flush out one of the sections completely and one cannon firing as the water ends at our feet.

"Someone's here." Katniss mutters, backing further into the bush when I see people over at the beach. I feel Finnick grab onto my arm.

"Johanna." He whispers before shouting "JOHANNA!" And running towards her.

"FINNICK!" Is all I hear back and I begin to limp over, Peeta quickly grabs my arm and places it over his head upon seeing my struggle and I smile at him. My father walks behind with Katniss as we reach them.

I sort of listen to Johanna's ramble as me and Peeta walk over to Finnick who takes me off of Peeta who then walks over to Katniss.

"Tick tock."

"Hot, thick blood. It was coming down, it was choking us. We were stumbling around gagging on it blind!" She shouts angrily, pacing.

"That's when blight hit the force field." She looks to the sky and exhales "He wasn't much, but he was from home." She explains sadly. I can tell she's lying, they were close but I keep my mouth shut. Wiress keeps repeating the same thing over and over.

"Tick tock."

"Beetee." I breathe out as I see him struggling to get up. I limp over towards him, letting Finnick's arm drop from my shoulder.

He smiles weakly upon seeing me and I grab his hands, helping him steady himself.

"Tick tock."

"What's wrong with her?" I ask, as I help the man stand up, he groans at the pain from his back.

"Tick tock."

"She's in shock. Dehydration isn't helping. Do you have fresh water?" He asks, taking his glasses off and us leaning into eachother for support.

"We can get some." Katniss states as Johanna shoves Wiress to the ground, annoyed with her muttering.

"Stop it!" Johanna screeches.

"Hey lay off her!" Katniss shouts beginning to shove Johanna back and Peeta and Finnick rush over.

Peeta grab Katniss, pulling her away whilst Finnick grabs Johanna, pulling her into the water.

"I got them out- for you!" Johanna screams at Katniss while being dragged away.

Katniss stops trying to break free, confused and he loosens his grip on her, I help Beetee over to go sit on a log as she begins to help Wiress wash her hair. I sit down next to Beetee and groan.

"So how'd you get that?" I say, referring to the massive gash on his back.

"Getting the wire." He replies simply as he points to the wire left a couple meters away from us.

"I have a feeling that will come in handy with that tree." I say as I point to the tree the lighting strikes.

"Oh?" He raises his eyebrow and I smirk.

"The lightning, the water?" I suggest as he nods, deep in thought.

Victors have to have a talent after their games, something to talk about in interviews and such. My talent is Physics. Beetee is my teacher.

After a moment Finnick comes over to me and Beetee with woven baskets filled with water which we accept gratefully.

He drinks the water quickly and Finnick leaves to refill the basket.

I tune out everyone else as I grab my basket and gently let the water drip onto my wound. I wince and Finnick comes back in time to see this and sits infront of me.

He grabs the basket out of my hands and places it down on the ground, gazing into my wound.

I can tell by the look on his face that it's not pretty, probably infected. "You'll be alright." He mutters worriedly and I lean back.

After a moment I hear a familiar beeping and see a parachute about to drop onto my head. I grab it tightly in my hands and rush to open it.

Inside is a healing cream that I recognise from Katniss' game and a note that reads;

Apply generously sweetheart. - J + C

Jasper, one of the many men snow sold me to. He was a regular. Aunt cash must just think I'm dating him or something.

I bite the inside of my cheek to stop the tears from falling as I can feel everyone's eyes on me since I got the parachute.

I crumple up the note before Finnick can get the chance to see it and throw it into the water. Everyone looks at me, confused but they all turn back to what they were doing before.

He looks at me strangely and grabs the pot from me. He unscrews the lid, dips his finger in and places it on my wound. I groan at the feeling and he keeps applying, a worried look on his face.

After he's smothered the gash with the cream he begins to screw the lid back on and I hold out my hand to stop him. "Give some to Beetee." I glance over to the man with the massive slice in his back

——