Part five.

"The suit is light, not thermal. So I'd guess tropics or dessert." Orion says as he looks into my eyes and I tear up. This is probably the last time I'll ever see him and he's still trying to help me.

"That dress was beautiful." I take a pause. "The prettiest one I've ever seen. I just wanted to tell you incase I-" he cuts me off mid sentence.

"Stop. Remember, I'll always bet on you. Princess." He says solemnly as he pulls out another jewellery box.

He opens it up to reveal a necklace with a chain made of pure gold and a charm with purple and blue diamonds, in the shape of a little tiara.

The Capitol's Princess.

He puts it around my neck and clips it while I hold my braided hair back. I take the tiara charm and stuff it down my shirt. I'm not wanting someone to try and choke me with it.

He immediately pulls me into a hug when a voice comes over the speaker telling me I have ten seconds.

I pull back and step inside the cube. It seals and I stand there staring at him for a moment. Eyes watering.

The platform starts to rise and he waves, wishing me luck. I'm suddenly blinded by a bright light. It's sunny.

I gather my thoughts and look around the arena. I'm next to the morphling girl who's on my left and Katniss on my right. That's good I can help her. I can't see my father or Finnick anywhere. They must have separated us.

I look down to find water! That explains the suits, me and my father can both swim. They have pools in the academy.

I hear Claudius Templesmith's voice over the speaker as he begins to count down I get ready to jump.

The cannon fires and I dive in. Swimming expertly towards one of the lines of rocks separating the tributes. I notice the morphling just standing on her podium. She must not know how to swim.

I'm sprint down towards the Cornucopia. With Katniss doing the same on my right. I immediately go to grab a belt full of knives when I see Katniss shoot some guy I don't recognise in the leg and he falls into the water.

I see her turn the bow and immediately aim it at Finnick. Who shows her his wrist which is adorned with a golden bangle and says "Good thing we're allies, right?" I turn to see some guy coming for me and immediately throw a knife in his chest while they're still conversing.

After a moment I hear the canon go off and pull the knife out of his chest. I turn to see them looking at me.

"Don't trust two." I shout to them over the noise of the bloodbath.

"Ill take this side, you two hold them off. Go find Gloss and Peeta." Finnick says and I nod, looking around for my father.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and immediately elbow the person in the stomach, making them groan, grabbing their shoulder and turning them to face me.

"Dad!" I shout and immediately hug him. He holds me for a second before throwing a spear at Enobaria, who's trying to sneak up on us.

She dives in just in time to miss it.

"Katniss! Mags found Peeta! He's over here." Finnick shouts to her and I run over to see him struggling in the water with another tribute and Mags pointing helplessly.

I see Finnick and Katniss about to jump in so I shove my belt of knives into Finnick's hands and shove Katniss into him before diving in. As I'm swimming over I see them both go under and a body rises to the top. A canon goes off.

I panic, thinking it's Peeta.

Just then Peeta comes to the surface making me sigh with relief. He stares at me weirdly before seeing Katniss with Finnick and my father and nods.

"Try and keep yourself afloat." I say as I grab his suit and drag him up to the edge of the water. I pull myself up and Finnick pulls him up.

My father stabilises me and Finnick hands me my belt. "Guys come on, we gotta go!" I shout when I see everyone just standing there staring at us. Sort of in a daze.

I seem to snap them out of it as Katniss grabs Peeta's hand and they take off running on the rocks away from the cornucopia. Finnick gets Mags on his back and begins to run aswell, so I follow suit with my father behind.

We run into the forest, Finnick with Mags on his back. Peeta at the front, then Katniss, Finnick and Mags, me and my father.

After a couple minutes Finnick shouts "Okay, hold up! Hold up!" Trying to get a rest although I can tell it's more for Mags' sake then for his.

I hear him mumble to her as my father comes and sits in front of me. "You doing okay?" He asks and I nod, out of breath.

"God it's hot. We gotta find fresh water." Peeta states to the group and I just nod again, pushing my hair out of my face.

We catch our breaths and hear three cannons, one after the other. "Well I guess we're not holding hands anymore." I joke and Finnick and my father chuckle.

"You think that's funny?" Katniss asks, appalled at my nonchalant attitude towards the dead tributes.

"Every time that canon goes off it's music to my ears." I state blankly. I don't want to be the one to kill them all. "I don't care about any of them."

"Good to know." Katniss pulls an arrow from her quiver.

"Wanna face the rest of these killers alone?" I laugh lightheartedly. She's really dense. She can't handle this by herself.

"What would Haymitch say?" Finnick chimes in making me giggle.

"Haymitch isn't here." She responds blankly.

"Let's keep moving." Peeta says, changing the subject, trying to stop an argument so we all stand up.

——

My father ends up with Mags on his back, to try and give finnick a rest as we walk up, Peeta hitting the branches with a machete.

I hear Katniss scream out "Peeta, no!" Just before he hits the forcefield and his body flies back. And we're all thrown back with him.

"Peeta?! Peeta?! He's not breathing!" Katniss screams, repeating herself as Finnick shoves her away and climbs on top of him, giving him mouth to mouth and starting to resuscitate him.

I grab Katniss and hold her back, stopping her from hitting Finnick as she keeps repeating Peeta's name.

"Come on! Come on!" Finnick exclaims, trying to bring him back as I keep Katniss in my arms.

After a moment he lets out a gasp and Finnick falls back as I let Katniss go and she rushes over to him.

I check up on Finnick, making sure he's okay as Katniss and Peeta have a cute little moment.

"Are you alright?" I ask him as he pants, placing my hands on his chest. He nods unable to speak and I smile "If she doesn't think we're here to help her after that, then I don't know what to think." I say whilst his breathing slows to a normal pace again.

——