Part ten.

As we all walk up, closer to the tree, the anthem begins playing. We all turn to see the faces of the fallen tributes.

Wiress' face is the first to flash across the sky, I look over to see Beetee lift up his glasses as he stares at her picture, tears in his eyes, thinking of what they once were. Then Mags, I run to my right to see Finnick looking up with a blank gaze. Then the morphling from district six who saved Peeta, Blight and Chaff.

I face down in a silent salute and continue walking, everyone else follows close behind.

"Minimal charring. It's an impressive conductor." Beetee breathes out as he looks up at the lightning-tree. "Let's get started." He states as he looks at me.

I nod and walk closer to the tree, with him next to me and everyone else behind us.

"Typically a lightning strike contains five billion joules of energy." He warns as I help him wrap the wire around the bark.

I look around to see everyone confused at his statement and chuckle. "Which means we don't want to be anywhere near it when it hits." I say and everyone nods in understanding.

"You three girls, go together now." I nod and turn to see Katniss looking around frantically, clearly not wanting to separate from Peeta. He hands me the wire and keeps talking. "Take this. Unspool it carefully. Make sure the entire coil is in the water. You understand?" He looks around to make sure we're paying attention and Johanna nods. "Then head to the tree at the two o'clock sector. We'll meet you there."

Peeta looks at him shocked before speaking up. "I'm gonna go with them as a guard." Causing me to roll my eyes.

"No. No, no, no. You're staying here to protect me and the tree." Beetee retorts as he turns back around.

"No I need to go with her." Peeta argues causing me to scoff. He looks at me confused.

"There are two careers out there, Beetee's injured. It's decided, you're staying." I demand yet he continues talking.

"Finnick and Gloss can protect him just fine on their own." He rebutts and I shake my head at his attempt before Katniss speaks up.

"Why can't you, Johanna, Gloss and Finnick stay with him? And Peeta and I will take the coil?" She questions, suspiciously.

"You agreed to keep me alive until midnight, correct?" Beetee speaks up after observing for a while.

"It's his plan. We all agreed to it." Johanna says and I lift my head up.

"I'm sorry, do we have a problem here?" I ask, accusingly, causing Beetee to think.

"Excellent question." He states and looks at her, trying to decipher her next move.

She pauses to think for a second, then ultimately decides it wouldn't be a good idea to get into a fight with four careers. "No. There's no problem."

She walks forward to kiss Peeta and I look away. I walk over to my right and embrace my father in a tight hug. He hugs me back even tighter, as if he's scared that he'll never see me again.

After a moment I let go and step back, right into Finnick who had placed himself behind me.

I immediately spin around and throw my arms over his neck, moving my head closer to his. Our lips touch, for a moment. I pull away from the kiss and rest my head onto his.

"We'll be alright." Is all I manage to get out before letting my arms drop and stepping away.

I walk over to Johanna who shouts at Katniss, "Alright, let's go!" Interrupting her kiss with Peeta, who stares intensely as we walk away.