CHAPTER 10

Alexa's POV 

Xander is way more popular than I thought and that puts me in a tight spot.

Having to pretend to everyone that this is real and not having a lone time to act like myself when there are obviously cameras in places we don't even know.

I really do not know why this is much of a big deal for any of them. If this is a big deal for him, what does his Mother gain to stand from all of this?

As much as I am too curious about their life, I don't want to dwell much on any of the flitting questions in my head.

It's their life.

I just want to get done with this charade and go back to my real life. Even though I know my life will not remain the same, the money I will get from this contract will make up for it.

"Your wife is a true beauty", A man whom Xander had introduced to me as one of his business partners as soon as we came downstairs for breakfast mutters, flashing me a smile.

I am really in no good mood. The fact that there is a camera in there is making me boil in rage from last night.

The splitting image of me on Xander, French kissing him wouldn't leave me since last night too.

This is more than I bargained for. But I am in this already.

Forcing out a pretty smile, I nod at him in appreciation while Xander grins widely. "Thank you, Ricardo."

Having Ricardo Banks as one of his business partners means Xander is a hot cake. Ricardo is a renowned businessman. A business mogul with strings of industries. He is well-known.

Right now, I do not want to think of what this man will think of me when he gets to know that Xander and I are separated after three months.

Not only him but others as well.

"I hope you both enjoy your stay here?" he asks, staring straight at me. He seems to be looking at me most of the time and I wonder why.

It's making me feel uneasy.

Leaning backwards with folded arms and pushing my plate away, I nod intermittently. "Yes, of course. It's a nice place."

I've never been to a place like this in my entire life. Everything here amazes me. In fact, everything about these rich people amazes me and now I find myself living their type of life.

But it's just for a while. 

Finally, he shifts his gaze away from me. I watch him converse with Xander for a long time about business before he finally rises to leave.

I release a deep sigh of relief.

After he is gone, I sigh again. 

"You don't like him?" Xander's voice breaks into my thoughts as he pulls the chair back to sit in.

"I wasn't comfortable", I reply and rise.

"You are done eating?" He looks from me to the half-empty plate on the table.

I nod. 

He stands up too and places a hand behind my back guiding me to the elevator. We take it up in silence, his left hand holding my right hand tightly.

When we get to our room, he lets go and I try to move to the bed when he grabs me again.

Then I remember.

The camera.

I forgot about that again. Coming in here, I thought I wouldn't have to pretend to be his wife but that isn't possible now because we haven't figured out where the camera is.

He slams his body to mine, earning a low gasp from me. Wrapping his two hands around my waist, he says in a low whisper. "I love you."

My heart squeezes as I watch him say the words effortlessly, as though he truly meant what he just said to me.

I am telling myself this isn't real. I am telling myself I need to reply to him to make it real.

With a deep smile on my face, I reply. "I love you too."

I am thinking of what next we need to do to make it seem real. Perhaps we should lay in bed together and cuddle or watch a movie together.

But he isn't suggesting any of that.

Instead, he moves forward and pecks my forehead making me suck in a breath. He pecks my pointed nose too before moving his lips to mine.

Then I realize this is actually more than I bargained for. Pretending to be his wife comes with learning to be intimate with him.

Pretending to be his wife comes with letting him have my first kiss and being my first man.

For a second, I think about throwing caution to the winds and telling him to f***. I feel like telling him I am no longer interested in this shit but I know I can't.

A lot is at risk now.

Not only his reputation.

My reputation as well is at risk.

Not only that. I won't get my pay and I won't get a new job either.

Xander may seem nice but I am sure he won't hesitate to ruin me if I ever betray him or go against our agreement.

A man who is doing all of this to get revenge on his Mother will definitely do the worst to me. I am not ready to see that side of him.

I just can't wait for the three months to be over so I can get all of this done with and go back to my real life.

When his lips touch mine, my heart skips a beat. This isn't like the kiss we shared last night. This one is different.

It is soft.

Gentle.

Fulfilling.

And It has me opening my mouth wider for him to explore.