Playing Dress-up

*Mature Content Warning*

Beverly

Of course Alex was going to ask about Jamie...that was inevitable and unavoidable. It was almost immediate. "So that's who you went on a date with...your boss?" Was Alex's question and I was thankful I had driving to distract me from looking over at him.

I let out a breathless laugh because hello, I was about to lie....kind of. "I told you...it wasn't a date and before you ask again, I wore jeans and a sweater and no, he didn't touch me." Big. Fat. Liar. I had worn a cocktail dress, with heels and sexy lingerie and he had most certainly touched me. All night. In fact, the male hadn't kept his hands off me.

"You're lying to me, Beverly."

Damn. Not even a little chance. Just then I turned into the parking lot of the gym and didn't respond until I found a space and turned my car off. I forced myself to look over at him and he was waiting. "I'm not lying, Alex."

When all he did was lift a brow to that I sighed softly. Whatever, if he wanted to know. I looked away for a second before answering. "He might have kissed me goodnight when he took me home..."

"Might have?"

Thank god. Just then Elouise's car parked in the lot. Saved. "It was innocent and that's it. Come on, they're here." I made sure to end it there and got out of the car quick. Alex followed suit, grabbing the gym bag from the backseat, and we met our friends at the door. Thankfully, he didn't have an opinion about it. For now, anyway.

Hot damn...The man was fine in a business suit, in a casual outfit, night clothes and obviously naked, but damn did he look good in workout gear. The entire gym session I had been distracted. No wonder he was so damn strong.

It was a treat watching him workout alongside Dante like they were best pals who had known one another for years. Elouise and I had just watched from across the large space. Of course participating in our own, less intense, workout.

When we were done, we showered in the locker rooms and got into a pair of leggings and a t-shirt. Before we parted ways with our gym partners for the day, we all planned to go out tonight for dinner and drinks.

I was surprised when Alex took over the wheel and drove us away from the gym. It wasn't until we were pulling into my driveway that I frowned over at him. "I thought you needed to shop for a few things?" I didn't know what but it's what we had decided earlier before Jamie's call.

Alex just shut the car off and opened his door. "We have some time. Let's go in for a bit and relax." Something told me we were not going to be relaxing. A snack and a movie sounded amazing though. Like at the gym, he grabbed the bag from the car and followed me up to the front door.

As soon as we were in and locked up, he dropped the bag at the front door and I was pleasantly surprised when he pulled me against him to kiss me...backed me up against the foyer wall and kissed the hell out of me. When we parted I watched him started unzip my coat.

The look on his face was anticipating. I bit my lip as he slid my coat off my shoulders and went for the buttons of his. "Let's watch a movie...I can make us something to hold us off until dinner..." Alex was shaking his head before I finished the suggestion.

"Hmm, no. We'll fit that into our schedule before I leave but not right now." I wanted to ask why but instead I watched him shake off his own coat and left it on the floor with mine and the gym bag.

Alex took my hand and pulled me into the living room...and stopped me at the coffee table. "Take your shoes off and wait right here. Don't move." I only frowned but did as he wished while I watched him go up the stairs and disappear into the loft. By the time they were off, along with my socks, he was back down.