29

"Why don't you try to sleep a bit, hm?" Jimin suggests as he pulls the sheets over me. My body thanks me for finally laying down in my bed so that my muscles, sore from the fever, can relax. My soft cushion doesn't manage to relax my mind, though.

How did that picture end up online? What are people saying about it? Jimin has taken my phone away and won't allow me to look at the articles, but guessing by his red, puffy eyes it's pretty bad. How could it not be bad with a picture like that? You technically can't see what is happening on that backseat because of the glares on the window, but it's pretty clear to any adult.

Jimin disappears from my bedroom and I hear him leave. The sound of the front door closing causes a painfully familiar thump in my heart. What more can I ask of him really? He took care of me and brought me home. The guy has better things to do.

When I open my eyes it's dark outside. I must have fallen asleep. My clothes are wet from sweating and for just a moment I have blissfully forgotten about any other problems than the fever, but then I remember that picture again. What a mess... I try to find my phone, where did Jimin put it?

As I sit up with a groan I notice the lights are on outside of my bedroom. Jimin must have left them on. I slide out of bed to go find my phone, but I freeze when my bedroom door opens and lets more light into my dark cave.

"Yaa, get back in bed you!" Jimin demands. He is here? Am I not still dreaming? Fever dreams can be deceitfully realistic.

"Jimin-ie? I-I thought you left?"

"I did, I went to get some groceries." He walks up to me and see that he's holding a bowl. He pushes me back to bed and lights the small lamp on my bedside table. I silently crawl back in bed, still stunned by his presence, and rest my back against the headboard.

"Here, eat this."

The warm bowl lands in my hand and I stare at it for a moment. "You bought rice porridge? ...For me?"

"I made it. You should eat a healthy home cooked meal when you're sick." He answers simply and sits down on the edge of the bed with a proud smile. He made me porridge, vegetable and abalone. He could have just gone home. He could have just bought me some food and drop it off. But he didn't. He cooked for me. He didn't leave me.

"Go on, try it." He impatiently suggests. I take a spoonful and start eating, pushing the lump in my throat down with the warm, delicious food even though I'm not hungry at all. I just want to have Jimin's carefully prepared meal inside of me.

"Aren't you hungry?" I ask with my mouth full of rice.

"I had some ramyeon."

"Ramyeon?? Why don't you take some porridge as well?"

"It's for you. There's enough for tomorrow as well." He places his hand on my forehead and I see the corners of his mouth pull back. "Still warm. You should stay home tomorrow hyung."

"But... I need to talk to Jisoo and Jin... And what about—"

"I talked to Jisoo already, she said she'll talk to Seokjin. Everything is alright, just rest tomorrow, okay?"

"H-how? You have Jisoo's phone number?"

"I do now. I called to the reception of the building to ask Narae for her number, I knew they get along so I assumed she'd have it."

"Oh... Thanks Jimin-ie..." I can't believe he went through all that trouble for me.

"No problem hyung." He watches how I finish the porridge and he takes the bowl from my hands. "Good job." He says playfully and ruffles my hair before standing up.