Chapter 2

Loren

Friday is here and that means I got to go to this party. I need to make friends if I'm gonna be stuck in this town. My phone dings and I see that Max sent me a text.
Max: Hey heads up Charlie and her brother will be at the party.
Loren: Whyyyyy
Max: Because her brother is my boyfriend
Loren: Happy for you but keep her away from me

I have to go to a party I don't want to go to and see the ice queen herself. Someone kill me now. I flop down on my bed and groan.

Let's get this over with. I put on ripped jeans and a blue tank top with a leather jacket. I decided to put make up even I never wear it. And I curled my hair. Max better appreciate me coming to the party.

~~~

Charlie

"Keith! I need your help I can't find my royal blue sundress that Mitchell likes!" I run into Keith's room, I have to find this dress my boyfriend Mitchell told me to wear it and if I don't that he doesn't want to hang out with me during the party.

"Char he treats you like shit. I hate that he is making you freak out just because he wants you to look good next to him or not next to him at all." He sighs and I didn't want to hear it. He doesn't understand Max doesn't care what he looks like. But Mitchell likes to keep an image about his self and the person he is with and I love him.

"Charlie you are pretty no matter what and you should wear what ever you want!" Max yells from the other side of Keith's phone. I didn't know he was on the phone.

"Thank you Max but I love Mitchell and I would do anything for him." Keith rolls his eyes and pushes me out of his room.

"I don't care about Mitchell look elsewhere." "Wait Keith why are you upset?" I turn around before he shuts his door.

"You deserve better." He closes the door on me. I'm so confused he just hung out with Mitchell 3 days ago but now he hates him what happened. Oh well I'll figure that out later I need to find that dress.

~~~

Loren

I show up at Max's house or you mean mansion. If he is rich why is he working a waiter job. There are so many nice cars in the driveway and people hanging out in the yard. How am I supposed to find Max there are so many people here. I walk into the house and see tons of people and I'm so close to just turn around and leave. "Loren!" I look to my left and see Max and a guy with brown hair walk up to me.

"Loren this is my boyfriend Keith. Keith this is Loren my new coworker." Keith smiles and holds his hand out for me to shake it. I shake his hand and he is about to speak but I hear a girl yell behind me.

"Keith, Max I can't find Mitchell anywhere he told me to leave him alone because I'm wearing my red dress. I should have kept looking for my blue dress." I turn around to Charlotte with tears in her eyes. She stops in her tracks towards us. She looks me up and down and then shakes her head. Her expression went from sad to angry. "Why are you talking to her?" She crosses her arms and looks at Keith.

"Charlie be nice Loren is new to the town she is Max's new coworker and doesn't know anyone here besides him." Keith was so nice to me unlike his sister and I get I bumped into her and not him but she is way too mean about it.

"I can't handle this right now." She looks like she is about to cry and walks upstairs. I turn back to Max and Keith. Max gives me an apologetic look.

"Sorry about her she is just upset because her boyfriend treats her like shit and you are new so she is targeting all her anger at you. I know you bumped into her but that's not something she would hold a grudge about." Keith starts to walk to the kitchen to get a drink and we follow him.

"She seems like I ruined her life even though she just met me." I sigh and think if she wasn't such a bitch maybe I would have made a move on her. She is gorgeous in that red dress.

"Are you blushing?" Max looks at my face and smiles. I hide my face and grab a drink. "Nooo it's just hot in here." Max laughs and looks at Keith. "Charlie is a bitch to this girl but somehow makes her blush." He laughs and Keith rolls his eyes.

"Max not everyone wants something to do with Char." Max laughs harder and shakes his head no. "You know that's not true." Keith looked annoyed talking about his sister.

"I'm gonna go mingle maybe make some friends I'll leave you guys to it." I escape out of such an awkward conversation.

~~~

Charlie

I'm in one of the guest bedrooms crying because tonight is not how I thought it would be. Mitchell wants nothing to do with me and Keith betrayed me hanging out with that girl. I am curled up in a ball on the bed with my back to the door so I didn't notice someone walk in.

"Are you okay?" I hear a girl's voice it seemed familiar. "No tonight sucks I just want to..." My eyes widen when I turn around and see her. "Ew leave me alone!" She gets mad and storms up to me. "I don't care if you are miss queen bee in this town but you don't have to treat me like shit I just asked if you are okay but you know what just keep crying about your boyfriend who doesn't see how gorgeous you are!!!" She takes a step back and sighs. She just called me gorgeous and she seems like she cares about me. I open my mouth speak but she speaks up. "Just Nevermind I don't know why I even try with you." She walks out of the room and left me speechless.