Chapter 14

Charlie

It's been a rough couple of weeks my dad, Loren's mom and my dad's lawyer has been working on the charges against Loren. Loren has been freaking out and been closed off. After the night at Max's house we haven't really talked about what's going on with us and I don't want to pressure her with everything she is going through.

The thing is it hurts she has been closed off because I really want to be around her all the time. She makes me happy and Mitchell hasn't been on my mind at all.

I was spacing out so much that I didn't noticed that I walked into someone in the lobby of the club. I fall right on top of her. "We need to stop doing this." I look down at Loren laughing. Her laugh warms my heart and I was so tempted to kiss her. "It's our thing now." I smile and stand up and put my hand out for her. She takes my hand and smiles.

It's been a while since I've seen her smile and I'm so happy seeing her smile. "Hey Lor are you busy tonight?" She frowns and shakes her head yes. "I have to work I'm actually heading over to the restaurant now. I'm sorry I haven't been able to hang out with you lately."

"Hey it's okay don't be sad about it. Hey how about I hang out at the restaurant till you get out?" Her eyes widen and she smiles. "You would do that? Is that even allowed?" I think she forgets that this is my parent's club. "Did you forget my family owns this club? Of course it's allowed and I would love to hang out till you get out of work." She blushes I embarrassed her.

She reaches her hand out for mine. I really want to hold her hand but I'm scared. "I'm not ready for that I'm sorry." I look down at my feet and tear up. All of a sudden I felt her grab my arm and pull me towards the locker room.

We walked into the locker room she looked around and then kissed me. My eyes widen but then I relax into the kiss. After a good minute of kissing she pulled away. "Don't ever apologize for not being ready to come out. Just know that I'm just happy to have these moments with you and when you are ready I'll let you take the lead about what you want to do."

She really cares about me and I'm really happy she has became someone really important in my life. I can't imagine my life without her now. "I think I'm going to tell my parents this weekend that I like girls." She looked shocked but happy at the same time. "Do you need me to be there with you?" I kiss her cheek and shake my head no. "I need to do this on my own."

She smiles and then looks at her watch and freaks out. "Shit I'm going to be late I got 2 minutes!" I grab her wrist and we run over to the restaurant.

Loren

She really did stay at my work the whole time. She was drawing in a notebook and everytime I came over she hid it. Whenever I didn't have a table to wait I sat at her table with her and we talked and got to know each other. I found out her favorite song is I wanna dance with somebody and my whole shift I kept humming it just to mess with her. By the end of my shift I laid on the booth seat and sighed.

"What's wrong Lor?" She leans across the table to look at my face. I look up at her and smile. "I'm so tired I'm so glad my shift is over." She smiles and leans back in her seat. "Can I ask you something Lor?" I sat up and nodded yes.

"Would you like to stay over my house tonight?" She looked down and fiddled with her thumbs. She seemed so nervous and if she can hear my heart she would know I was too. "I would love to." She lifted her head quickly and smiled. "Oh thank god I thought you would say no."

"Why would I say no love?" She blushes when I called her that. "I don't know just overthinking." I reach over the table and put my hand on her hands. "Hey it's okay no need to overthink. I just need to stop by my house to get my stuff then I'll be over." She jumped out of the booth and packed up her stuff. "Let me know when you are on your way over." She smiled so big and basically skipped out of the restaurant.