02

(Edited by Nightlife_eva )

-Zayn-

A psychopath serial killer – a label that is given to murderers, to people who kill. Without even knowing the extent of the pain they suffered themselves, they label them.

That's what Zayn finds interesting about them – because all of them have dreadful pasts, and there is a cure to it. If only people gave a fuck about it. He sat in his living room, on a sofa and idly watching the lie-filled news reports.

"Serial killer; Harry Styles, aged 27 – caught red handed ch-"

He paused the news and smiled at the image.

'He seems interesting,' he thought with a bite of his bottom lip.

The twenty-five-year-old found the curly-haired brunet oddly fascinating, just like all other previous cases, of course. He shut the television as he prepared himself to visit his new case.

His ringtone pierced through the air and he cursed under his breath, checking the caller ID. It was his mother – she probably saw the news and wanted to tell him to be careful.

"Hello honey," her words were too sweet for Zayn to appreciate them. He had never been one for a family.

"Hey ma," he replied with a sigh.

"So I heard the news that—"

He rolled his eyes and tuned her out, not bothering to listen. He heard this a million times before – he wasn't stupid, although, his mother had definitely doubted his ability to defend himself.

'Same old shit, different day.'

Of course, he didn't say that out loud. He still loved his mum and didn't want to upset her.

"Okay, okay – um, I love you, but I really have to go now; bye," he hurriedly hung up the phone.

'This is going to be a long day,' he thought with a frown as he shrugged his coat on, thinking of blue-green eyes and tousled brown hair.