chapter 5

UNEDITED

                      KIARA POV

  Only if shock could kill, I would probably be dead. My brain stopped working, my heart skipped by the sight of that face. He had changed a lot but even though I was sleeping I would recognize him anytime and any day. The files on my hands dropped as I stared at him agape.

Questions ran into my head that I felt any moment from now I would have run mad. I sure didn't know what to do next other than to run, run as fast as my legs could take me. I removed my heels throwing them immediately I was out of the conference room.

  " Kiara" I heard. That voice makes my legs weak. That voice that I have missed and craved for. Damn, his voice was more mature now.

  I quickly ran into the elevator, tapping the closed door button instantly, I didn't want to meet him, I didn't want to talk to him. Although I needed answers what would I use it for after that? Nothing. I was happy. Happy with my kids.

  I saw Jarden running towards the elevator, but before he could get in, the door closed and I breathed out in relief.

  Everybody stared at me as I hurriedly walked out of the building without any shoes, yh I might look mad but I didn't care. I just needed to get out of here and far from that psycho.

  It was when I got home that was when I realised that I had left my car and bag at the office, thank God my phone was with me. I knew I would not go back to that place today or even tomorrow. God, Mr grey is so going to be pissed. He told me his son was coming today for some business. I was so going to get sacked after this.

I couldn't be more happy when I found out Mom wasn't at home, thank goodness. I lay on my bed as the memories of what happened today flooded my head.

  I couldn't believe I saw Jarden, my Jarden? After seven years. It was so overwhelming for me. I couldn't help the tears that ran down my cheeks.

  Why did he leave me before? Didn't he love me? Was I not good enough for him? Was it just another young love? Was I just a fling? Did he just want to use me?

" Urghhhhhhhh" I screamed out. Too many questions, it was just too much for me to handle. I wanted answers now, But I didn't want to face him. I wanted to hate him so much, I wanted to. But when I think about the kids we had together. That idea leaves my head and I fucking hate myself for that.

  If he hated me so much, why did he run after me, why did he want to see me? I pray I never cross paths with him again because I would slap the living hell out of his ugly face.

   I cried myself to sleep, and I swear I dreamt about Jarden, this guy was literally invading my privacy again and I didn't like it.

  Shock almost took over my body when I saw the time was 5 pm, how? and Why did I sleep for so long? I stood up hurriedly before rushing into the bathroom to take a quick bath.

  I walked into the dining room to see Iris and Jon already eating dinner. I couldn't help but admire my kids, they were so adorable. I wanted them all to myself, I know I was being selfish but I didn't care. I didn't want Jarden to Know about them and that's it.

  " Your dessert now" I looked at Iris as she gave Jon a part of her candy. Wait! Jon has his, right?

  " That was not part of the deal dummy, you said you would give me your dessert for two days not half" Jon complained. What was happening?

  " I just want tiny" Iris cries out but Jon rolls his eyes.

  " Mom" Jon yelled but Iris quickly held his hands.