chapter 17

UNEDITED

                      KIARA POV

  It's been four months since I and Jarden decided to part ways although we still see each other frequently because of the children and for some doctor's appointments. We have just been trying to act like co-parents ever since.

  I told Iris and Jon about Jarden being their father. Iris was so happy while Jon took time to adjust. I have tried my best to avoid anything that will bring harm to my child, this was the last one I was going to have.

  " a boy?" I asked the doctor who nodded her head.

  " wow" Jarden smiled still holding my hands.

  " he looks healthier than the last time though "Doctor Frey said wiping the gel from my swollen belly. Thank God my baby was okay.

  "Iris is so going to be pissed" I smiled at Jarden's words from standing from the bed.

  " be careful" Jarden says leaning his hands for support.

  " thanks".

  We walked out of the hospital.

  " so...uhm should we tell the kids now or?" He asks.

  " if we tell them now Iris is not gonna get over it" I said and he laughed.

  " but you can always console her since she loves you more now" I added.

  "Look who's jealous " Jarden teased and I rolled my eyes.

  " I'm Jon's favourite so...".

  " says who?" He asks then opens the passenger door for me.

  " you don't have to do that for me".

  " no, I am just doing it for my son" Ouch!

  Jarden dropped me home then went inside to see the kids.

  " papa" Iris was the first to see us. She ran hugging her dad. Oh, I'm so jealous.

  We all went to the sitting room, the kids sat in front of us. I wanted to tell them the news.

  " it's a baby girl right?" Jon asked rolling his eyes.

  "How did you know that?". I questioned smiling.

  "Because Iris has blackmailed you, so... it's obvious" I looked at Iris who was already smiling. Oh, Lord.

  " sorry Iris but you both are having a baby brother "  Jon almost looked unconvinced.  Instead, he stared at us with shock.

  " You're lying " Jon disagreed.

  " it's a boy seriously " I said then nugde Jarden who had been quiet.

  " We checked today and Iris we are sorry we don't get to choose the gender" Iris looked as if she was about to cry.

  " I won you lost, remember we made a deal" Jon smiled devilishly.

  " how many times have I warned you both to stop betting?".

  Jon kept on jumping with so much happiness. 

  "Mom, when am I gonna get a baby sister?" She asks before gesturing to rub my stomach. I looked at Jarden who was staring right back at me.

  " soon" I smiled sadly.

  " by the way where does baby come from?"

Urgh, not Jon again.

"Why can't Dad stay with us?" Iris asked as Jarden was about to leave.