chapter 10

UNEDITED

                   KIARA POV 

I found myself sitting on the floor, feeling lost and unsure of what to do next. It was a shocker to discover that my kids had been spending time with their dad, and my mind was racing with thoughts on how to handle the situation. At first, I was in denial, thinking that it couldn't be true, but the evidence was overwhelming. As I tried to connect the dots, it all fell into place, sending a jolt of adrenaline through my body.

  The situation was complicated, and my daughter Iris had developed a strong attachment to her father, causing me concern. She would cry when she didn't see him for as little as two days, and it was challenging to imagine how she would feel if I were to stop her from seeing him altogether. But, as a mother, I had to consider her safety and well-being. I couldn't just let her interact with him without knowing the full story.

  It was a tricky situation to navigate, and I needed to find a solution that worked for everyone involved. But what could I do? Even if I tried to limit their interactions, it was unlikely that he would stop visiting her at school. I couldn't simply change her school either. It was a million-dollar question that kept me on the edge of my seat.

  The worst part was that he had mentioned that Iris reminded him of someone he knew. Was that the reason why he was suddenly interested in her life? I felt so messed up, not knowing what to do next.

I decided to take an evening bath before lying on my bed. I had to sleep now, as tomorrow was not another work-free day like today. But my thoughts were still consumed by this issue, and I knew that I had to find a way to handle it soon.

  You know that feeling,  when you just feel so tired and weak.  That was how I felt when I woke up. I sluggishly walked to the bathroom and then took a quick bath.

  I walked into the living room to see an already dressed jarden, in seeing his face I felt this chill, and I felt guilty too. The fact that he was already attached to his daughter without knowing. One thing I was afraid of was that he might leave us again,  I didn't want Iris and Jon's hearts to be broken just like mine.

  He was looking handsome and professional in the tuxedo he was wearing.

  " good morning " he greeted smiling, I smiled back before walking past him.

  " you don't want breakfast?" He asked and I stopped walking instantly before turning to look at him.

  "Where?" I asked. He pointed to the dining area. The smell of the food made my stomach groan.

  " What's this?" I asked by the time I was seated.

  " oh it's an Italian breakfast called frittata then this" he pointed to another one.  " brunch torte then this is called cannoli" The cannoli one looked very delicious.

  " I also made cappuccino for you" I smiled pointing to the cappuccino that has a heart shaped on it.  Wait am I supposed to finish all this?

  " join me" I offered. Jarden looked shocked at first.

  " no no, I don't eat breakfast ".

  " but you used to except you poisoned it" Jarden laughed before sitting beside me.

  " you don't mind sharing your cappuccino" I frowned before taking the cup closer to myself.

  " it's mine, not yours".

  " I made it" he argued.

  " you can't take a gift back so back off, just drink some water" Jarden groaned playfully before laughing.  His laughs though were something else. I couldn't help but laugh.