3. crenshaw visit

It was a week later. Rumors spread that the Johnson parents were getting divorced. Kennedy was putting on a brave face for everyone, however, Jordan could tell it was fake. So Jordan made Kennedy come with him to Crenshaw. Something about getting Spencer to appreciate the team, Kennedy didn't really know.

They both get out of the car and walk up to the cute house. Jordan knocks on the door. "Hi Ms. James!" Kennedy greets when the door is opened by Spencer's mom.

"Hi, how may I help you two?"

"Uh we're here for Spencer," Jordan answers.

"Is he home?" Kennedy adds.

"Uh not right now. But come on in we're preparing for the cookout tonight," Ms. James welcomes the two teens into her home.

"Do you need help with anything?" Kennedy offers.

"You can help me prepare some food," she leads them to the kitchen. They start washing the vegetables. Spencer and another girl arrive at Spencer's. "Who this el-debarge looking dude and this pretty ass girl?" She asks.

"Kennedy," she holds her hand out. "Coop." She shakes it. "Jordan. Ken what the hell are you guys doing here?" Spencer asks.

"There they are." Ms. James said. "Looks like he's bastardizing them greens is what it looks like," coop jokes. "Please tell me you weren't Kennedy,"

"I wasn't," kennedy assures. "You ever been in a kitchen before?" Coop keeps asking Jordan.

"Jordan and Kennedy were sweet enough to help out while they waited on you," ms. James smiles.

"I don't know that help would be the word I would use," Dillon, Spencer's younger brother says.

"Ok everybody's got jokes today huh?" Jordan asks poking him making Dillon laugh, it makes Kennedy smile seeing the two. Jordan would be a good dad one day. Wait what the heck are you saying Kennedy she thinks to herself.

Spencer then decides to take Jordan out to the living room whilst Kennedy talks to coop. "So you and Jordan is it? You together?" Coop asks.

"Um n- yeah," Kennedy slightly stutters, "sorry we've only officially been together for a week, it's still new,"

"Right," Coop nods, "well it seems like he really likes you,"

Kennedy nods chuckling a bit. Jordan comes back over and whispers, "we're staying for the cookout,"

"Jordan, I have plans with liv later!"

"It's fine she's with Leila,"

"Ok I told her I'd be back at a decent time tonight!,"

"You'll be fine just tell her your staying longer,"

"Jordan I need to hang out with her,"

"Well then that sucks because I'm not giving you a ride home,"

"You'll be fine girl! You got me!" Coop nudges Kennedy.

"Ok." Kennedy sighs knowing she wouldn't win the argument.

At the Cookout—

Patience, coop, Spencer and Kennedy were all trying to figure out this game. " ok I don't know how to do this," patience whines. "Yeah how does this work?" Kennedy asks.

"I'm going to show you guys don't worry about it," Coop says.

"So why are we doing this?" Spencer asks.

"Beats me," Kennedy sighs.

"Cause I want to know how to play!" Patience yells.

"Boy shut up!" Coop says at the same time.