11. you're my best friend

Kennedy went to the Bakers after school, she was hoping to hang out with either twin. She didn't care and she was bored.

"Kennedy, what are you doing here?" Coach Baker asks letting her in.

"Um I'm here to see any of your kids," Kennedy responds slightly confused.

"I thought you and Jordan were going to see a movie," Coach Baker explains.

"A movie?"

"That's what he told me this morning," Coach Baker shrugs.

"Oh- the movie! Shoot! I can't believe I forgot, I better get going," Kennedy moves to leave lying.

"Ah ah ah, wait," Coach Baker stops the brunette, "there's no movie is there,"

"Maybe," Kennedy mumbles.

"Well if you find Jordan tell him he needs to become a better liar," Coach Baker tells her, "and Olivia isn't home,"

"Okay, well nice seeing you Coach," Kennedy smiles leaving the beautiful home, immediately texting Jordan.

Kennedy Rae 💗
hey your dad caught you
in a lie
where r u?

Jordan
I'll explain later
I'm busy rn
I'll come over around 7?

Kennedy Rae 💗
sure

Jordan found Kennedy laying in her bed reading just after seven, "hey,"

"Hi," Kennedy smiles and sits up closing her book, "how was your day?"

Jordan ignored her question laying his head on her lap. "That bad huh?" She teases.

"Can you play with my hair?" Jordan asks softly, "please?"

Kennedy rolls her eyes, "I guess, but only if you tell me why you lied to your father,"

"Deal," Jordan sighs closing his eyes as Kennedy starts messing with his semi messy hair. She couldn't help but smile at him being so vulnerable.

"So what happened?"

"I lied because I went to my grandpas house," Jordan answers, "and you know why I kept it from dad they can't be in the same room,"

"Jordan is that really the smartest idea?" Kennedy asks.

"I want to be great, Ken," Jordan replies, "he's going to help me,"

"You don't need him, J," Kennedy assures him , "you're great at football without him,"

"He's going to make my dreams come true, he's going to get me to the NFL," Jordan explains further, "he did that with my dad and I want it too,"

"Okay, so how's it been going then?" Kennedy asks.

"We just watched my game tapes and he told me he doesn't know yet if I have the potential to be great," Jordan tells her.

"I'm sorry, J," Kennedy apologizes, "that sucks,"

"It's whatever," he opens his eyes giving her a smile, "thanks for listening,"

"Of course, and I think you're the best at football, if that helps," Kennedy adds.

Jordan laughs, "it does,"

"Just be careful," Kennedy warns Jordan, "I don't want him to ruin your self esteem,"

"I know," Jordan nods sitting up, "you're seriously the best, Kennedy,"

Kennedy blushes at his compliment and shrugs, "I know,"