8. junior homecoming

"Good morning eagles! This is Leila Keating your Stu-co president it's officially homecoming weekend- our favorite time of the year. Not just because it kicks off with an awesome dance tomorrow b.t.w's buy your tickets now if you haven't already. And ends with our big football game where we're happily gonna kick Malibu's butt. But mostly because it's the time when we come together to celebrate every students commitment to the Beverly family,"

"Hey," Jordan nudges Kennedy with his pen, "do you get tickets for free because you're on student council, or should I get them?"

"Yeah," Kennedy nods, "I already have them, don't worry,"

Jordan and Kennedy went to the cafe after school with JJ and Asher.

"Hey Spence come sit with us for a sec!" Kennedy invites him as he's walking by with a pizza box.

"Yeah man you've been working since we got here," Jordan agrees.

"I can't guys we extra busy today," Spencer denies delivering a pizza to the table a little bit away from them.

"You have a pizza of my heart Gabby be my date to hoco!" The girl squeals hugging the guy.

Spencer walks away unenthusiastic. "What to corny for you?" Asher asks.

"Nah- Nah y'all just take this homecoming thing real seriously that's all," Spencer chuckles. "It's just a dance,"

"You don't have dances in Crenshaw?"

"Nah we do- it's just not that deep," Spencer shrugs.

"So who is the Spencer James taking to homecoming?" Kennedy asks curiously.

"Nobody Ken, I'm riding solo,"

"Ah too many options man? Don't want to break any hearts?" Jordan asks putting his arm around Kennedy's chair.

"Something like that, I gotta go," Spencer leaves.

"You know I can respect going solo, it's better than going with two girls," Asher chuckles directing his comment to JJ.

"Ok listen you three are jealous you can't pull hot identical twins," JJ defends.

"Why would you want to go with two girls that look the exact same? Won't you mix up their names?" Kennedy asks.

"Doesn't matter hot twins," JJ says. Kennedy rolls her eyes. Typical guy right here.

"I'm gonna have the best date," Jordan sighs making eye contact with Kennedy.

"Whatever," JJ scoffs, "I have two dates you only have one, beat that Jordan,"

"Well Kennedy is the best girl out there," Jordan argues, "two girls can't beat this one,"

"Awh," Kennedy blushes turning to him and pinching his cheek, "you really are a flatterer, but yeah puns for proposals pretty corny I'd say,"

"So how'd Jordan ask you?" Asher asks.

"With my charm," Jordan buts in, "that's all you needed right Kenny?"

"No," Kennedy rolls her eyes, "I'm only going with you because you bought me sour patch kids,"

Jordan's expression drops as she gives him a playful smile, his favorite of hers.

They're all laughing until Leila comes up, "hey um can we talk?"

"Uh yeah," Asher says hesitant.