5. school skipper

"Why am I hearing that you are going on a date with Tommy this weekend?" Jordan asks immediately when he sits down next to Kennedy in first hour.

Tommy Jacobs was a senior. He was a tight end for Beverly. He's slept around, but he's been acting pretty sweet to Kennedy. She just wanted one simple date, that's it.

Kennedy sighs putting her pen down, "probably because I am,"

"Why?"

"Maybe I want some change," Kennedy shrugs.

"Why do you want change? You're perfect how you are now," Jordan exclaims.

Kennedy tilts her head, "why are you asking so many questions? It's none of your business Jordan,"

"One it's so unlike you to just go out with any guy and two especially because it's Tommy. Ken, he's a known player," Jordan points out.

"And what are you?" Kennedy retorts, "I can handle things without you butting into everything,"

"Okay but this guy hooks up with girls that's what he considers dates, he doesn't just take them on cute little dinners," Jordan goes further.

"I'm not going to listen to your advice so just stop it, seriously," Kennedy turns back to her work.

Jordan sighs heavily worried about what could happen to his best friend. Kennedy's phone vibrates with an invitation to Spencer's birthday party at the Bakers on Saturday, "hey it's Spence's birthday today?"

"Um yeah, guess it is," Jordan mumbles.

"Okay what's up with the mumbling?" Kennedy asks starting to become nosy herself, "I thought you and him were good?"

"I think he might be my brother, Kennedy," Jordan admits quietly. Kennedy is almost unsure if she heard him right.

"Jordan," Kennedy pauses, "that's insane, why would you think that?"

"My dad and his mom used to date back in high school, and he's just got this really weird connection with him," Jordan explains.

"I think you're overthinking it," Kennedy tries assuring him, "don't be reading into it too much,"

"Kinda late for that," Jordan looks at the girl as her eyes widen more.

"What'd you do, J?"

"My dad has also been transferring money to a Crenshaw bank account for 17 years, how old is he today?" Jordan asks.

"Seventeen," Kennedy answers, "shit, Jordan that's some messed up stuff,"

"Yeah, why I needed to find Liv at the party, had to tell her," Jordan explains why he was a douche at Asher's party.

"Oh," Kennedy mumbles, "well I really hope you're wrong,"

"Trust me," Jordan starts, "me too,"

Kennedy was picked up by Tommy to go to Spencer's birthday party at the Bakers. Then they were going to get dinner or something, Kennedy didn't really know the whole plan.

"So Asher was all no please no!" JJ mocks in a high pitched tone.

"You're exaggerating a bit," Asher laughs.

"The car just kept rolling out into the street!" JJ explains to Jordan about what happened to Asher's dad's Porsche.

"That's because you forgot to put the parking brake on," Leila speaks up for her boyfriend.