13. blast to the past

*12 years ago*

It was the first day of preschool for Kennedy Johnson. She was a pretty bubbly little girl, but was definitely shy around boys. "Hey! I'm Olivia!" A cute girl with pigtails comes over to the brunette.

"I'm Kennedy!"

"Do you see that boy over there?" Young Olivia asks the Johnson girl.

Kennedy shakes her head. "It's my twin brother, Jordan, he thinks you're cute,"

"EW!" Kennedy shrieks, "Boys have cooties, tell him I'll be his friend,"

"Jordan!" Olivia yells for her brother.

"I'm Jordan Baker," Jordan smiles at Kennedy.

"I'm Kennedy Johnson," Kennedy introduces herself.

"Cool," Jordan smiles, "I like football, my dad is really good at it,"

"Wow!" Kennedy exclaims, "my dad travels a lot, same with my mom, but I have this awesome nanny named Rosie, I enjoy reading with her,"

"That's boring," Jordan sighs.

"Whatever," Kennedy rolls her eyes.

"Those two guys over there are JJ and Asher, they're cool too," Jordan points.

"Ooh and so is that girl over there, her name is Leila," Olivia says as the Keating girl comes over just before the other two boys joined.

And then a friendship blossomed between the six kids.

*five years ago*

It was the Baker twins birthday. They both decided to have their closest friends over for a sleepover. Jordan invited JJ and Asher while Olivia invited Kennedy and Leila.

"Let's share our crushes," Leila gushes in the girls or Olivia's room.

"Crushes?" Kennedy asks, "ew I don't have one, that should wait till we're older right?"

"Oh come on Ken," Leila scoffs, "everyone has a crush,"

"I mean I guess Zac Efron and Ross Lynch," Kennedy shrugs.

"She means realistic ones," Liv nudges Kennedy, "I think Asher's kinda cute,"

"Omg Liv that's my crush!" Leila's eyes widen, "only one of us can like him, otherwise it'll end bad,"

"Fine you can take him," Liv shrugs, "I don't care that much,"

"Hey, what about Jordan for you, Kennedy?" Leila asks her, "you guys would be like the cutest couple ever!"

"Um she can't date my brother," Liv scoffs in disgust, "that's gross,"

"I don't like Jordan like that," Kennedy sighs, "we're just friends,"

"Mm I think you'll get married!" Leila leans back on the bed dreamily. Little did those 12 year old girls know was that three 12 year old boys were listening through the door.

"Dude, Leila likes you," JJ points out to Asher.

"Hey she's pretty cute," Asher shrugs, "I'm okay with that,"

Jordan was bummed that still Kennedy hasn't said a word about liking him. "Don't worry about Ken, Jordan, I'll figure it out," JJ assures, "I got your back,"

Jordan nods, "let's do something else,"

*present day*