4. bet.

After that night in Crenshaw. Beverly really started coming together and winning their games. Kennedy stood by her locker slightly laughing as everyone's attention turned to Spencer, Jordan, JJ and Asher. Jordan smiled when he sees the Johnson girl telling his friends he'll see them later.

"Wow, for a minute I thought you were too cool to say hi to your fake girlfriend," Kennedy teases closing her locker.

"Of course not," Jordan assures, "hello Kennedy Johnson, my fake girlfriend,"

Kennedy rolls her eyes, "you know I don't think our friends really believe we're together,"

"Why not?"

"Because Leila told me, Jordan's not that affectionate with you compared to with Hadley," Kennedy informs him.

"Well it's your fault, you don't let me kiss you," Jordan shrugs.

"Okay because that's gross, we are just best friends, simple hugs and pet names should do the job," Kennedy crosses her arms.

"Mhm, well what'd you say back to her?" Jordan asks.

"That we were taking things slow and didn't want to show major pda," Kennedy tells him.

"Good cover up," Jordan compliments.

"Thank you," Kennedy smiles.

"Ooh um that reminds me, the guys are going to the cafe tonight and I know Ash invited Leila so-"

Kennedy cuts him off, "you want me to go,"

"Pick you up at 6:30?"

"Yeah, whatever," Kennedy shrugs, "maybe we should amp up our fake dating shit, make it more believable,"

"Serious?" Jordan asks, "like kissing or what?"

"Just really say babe a lot or kiss my cheek I don't know," Kennedy sighs, "I just don't want anyone to find out this isn't real, it's embarrassing for me,"

"What dating me is so embarrassing for you?" Jordan asks slightly getting upset.

"You know what I mean Jordan," Kennedy says, and then the bell rings, "I gotta go, see you tonight,"

The boys were playing pool, Leila and Kennedy sat on the side observing.

"All I'm saying is going strictly off fantasy points, touchdowns are worth more than interceptions," Asher says.

"Man come on a pick can change the game!" Spencer argues.

"And a touchdown can win a game," Asher says.

"So you think your 5 touchdowns in the last 3 games are more important than Spencer's 5 picks?" Jordan asks.

"We're all riding the same wave," Asher says.

"Can we talk about anything other than football please?" Leila asks.

"Mm. I agree I don't even understand half the words you guys are saying," Kennedy nods in agreement.

"Wait hold on so your saying you don't understand the one sport your boyfriend plays?" Jordan asks his eyes scrunched up.

"No. I understand football for the most part just fantasy points what's that?" Kennedy asks sipping her sprite.

"Just don't worry about it," Asher mumbles.

"Sorry I asked," kennedy whispers under her breath. Leila elbows her chuckling. Kennedy glances at jordan and smiles then looks the other way and see the other Baker twin walking in. Kennedy and Leila both smile and wave. She returns it. Spencer leaves to go talk to her.