10. challenge

Coach Baker was in the living room, writing a speech for the Coach of the year award from L.A. Tribune. Spencer won player of the year. There was a banquet type awards ordeal tonight. Liv invited Kennedy over to hang out and there were eating some brunch before shopping.

Jordan comes in from outside, "oh Ken- hey when'd you get here?"

Kennedy has been slightly avoiding Jordan the past week, he's hardly noticed. She's still upset about plans being bailed on after the homecoming game and is confused what they were.

"Hi, not too long ago," she mumbles.

"Hey you guys- when you hear a speech do you like it when it opens with a joke?" Coach asks the three teenagers from the couch.

"Mm depends," Kennedy shrugs.

"Depends on what?"

"If the persons funny," Olivia says honestly.

"I'm funny, am I funny?" He asks turning to look at the three.

"Eh maybe don't lead with a joke no," Jordan suggests wrapping his arm around Kennedy's waist which makes her awkwardly stand up so he can't.

Coach Baker mocks him a little.

"Um we should get going, right Liv?" Kennedy asks.

"It's only ten," Liv looks up from her food then sees Kennedy give her a look, "I mean it's already ten! We got to go!"

"Hey hold on guys," Jordan stops the two girls from running away, "can I talk to you quick Ken?"

Kennedy nods, "uh yeah,"

Jordan grabs her hand gently pulling her outside, so they can have a more private conversation. "You feeling okay lately?"

"What- yes, I feel fine," Kennedy squints her eyes.

"Are we okay then?" Jordan asks her.

"We're good," Kennedy answers, "we're still best friends right?"

"Right," Jordan repeats still feeling unsure, "so um you want to be my date to the awards tonight?"

"Um I'm actually going with my dad, sorry," Kennedy informs him.

"Oh, you didn't tell me he was going to be in town," Jordan says softly.

"It was last minute. I don't need to tell you everything," Kennedy chuckles.

"I could come with you guys," Jordan suggests, "I would love to talk to your dad,"

"I'd rather just meet there," Kennedy declines his offer.

"Are you mad at me or something?" Jordan asks.

"Why would you ask me that?"

"Because you've been avoiding me, we haven't hung out all week, and you won't let me take you to the awards," Jordan lists off to her.

"Oh, I see, so I can't say no to things but you can just bail on me cause you need to talk things out," Kennedy scoffs.

"You're mad because of that?" Jordan asks, "look I'm sorry I did that, but you said it was okay,"

"What else was I supposed to say Jordan no?" Kennedy asks.

"Yes," Jordan shakes his head.

"Well I didn't know I could! I don't know what we are and you won't help me know!" Kennedy rambles, "I've never done this before!"

"I know," Jordan mumbles, "I'm sorry,"

"Maybe we should just not do this," Kennedy mumbles.

"Do what? Us? What do you mean?" Jordan lists off questions.