7. first date

It was officially homecoming week for Beverly High School. It was Sunday night and Kennedy was on edge because she still didn't have a date. She wasn't too worried, but then again she put it in JJ's hands to find her a date. Jen Johnson was gone on another work trip, so it was just Kennedy and Rosie, her nanny/maid.

Kennedy was cleaning her room, part of her daily Sunday reset routine. She heard a knock on her door, "come in!"

Kennedy didn't turn around figuring it was Rosie asking her about dinner. "Hey Ken,"

Kennedy was surprised to hear Jordan's voice and when she turned around she was even more shocked that he was holding white roses, her favorite flower and sour patch kids, her favorite candy, "what's all this for?"

"Well I'm hoping you'll say yes to going to homecoming with me?" Jordan smiles softly at her being giddy.

Kennedy shrugs jokingly, "I mean I guess I can,"

"Whatever dork," he places the roses and candy down going to hug her.

"You're a little late to ask," she mumbles into his chest.

"I know," he sighs into the top of her head, "I would've asked sooner but with the whole Tommy situation I didn't know,"

"Yeah," she pulls away, "glad I won't be a loser without a date,"

"You're welcome," jordan smirks then looks around her room, "are you in the middle of your Sunday reset?"

"Mhm, so are you gonna leave so I can continue?" Kennedy asks.

"Are you seriously kicking me out right now, Ken?" Jordan teases her acting baffled, "what if I help you?"

"You want to help me clean and organize my room?" Kennedy gives him a look, not believing him.

"Um yeah," Jordan insists, "what do you want me to do?"

"First, you can put these suitcases on the top shelf of my closet," Kennedy points to her luggage that she brought down so she could dust.

"Got it," Jordan smiles.

The two immediately got to work on putting Kennedy's bedroom and bathroom back in order.

An hour and a half later and they were finished. "Wanna hot tub?" Kennedy asks Jordan.

"I- uh don't have trunks here," Jordan shrugs.

"Just wear your boxers," Kennedy tells him, "I'm gonna change, you could just head down there,"

"Um yeah- uh I will see you there," Jordan stutters.

Kennedy changes into a plain pink bikini and heads to her backyard. It was sunset, she paired her phone to the speaker outside. Jordan was already in her jacuzzi trying not to gaze at her defined figure for too long. She finally sat down and smiled at Jordan, "thanks for helping me out today, and for asking me to homecoming,"

"Thanks for saying yes," Jordan laughs as she blushes.

"Um I need to talk to you about something," Jordan speaks up after the brief silence.

"What's up?"

"It's about the bet, look I know it was awful," Jordan explains, "but I only agreed because I want you to realize how much I like you, I- I mean I want you to like me,"

"Jordan are you kidding?" Kennedy asks, "I love you, we're best friends!"

Jordan splashes the water slightly as I Wanna Be Yours starts playing, "Kennedy you don't get it! I like you, enough with the just friends bullshit, I have feelings for you,"