Woodland Animals

The woods had the normal critters and creatures that you usually find like deer and squirrels. But the further you get from Rosemeadow, the further the animals look from... normal. Deer begin to look mildly humanoid and favor their hind legs over all fours. Squirrels look crazed and frantic. The birds usual songs turn haunting and gloomy, like a warning.

Henry managed to catch a glimpse of one of those mutated creatures on his first deep walk into the forest. He was in awe of it. He wanted to see more of the mutated creatures. He desired to see them. He yearned to see them. It grew into an obsession.

That's why Liam decided to search in the woods. Henry had told him that he had seen something in the woods the first time he went further than the lake. Since the news said that Henry had gone missing while on a walk in the woods, he figured he should look there.

It took forever for him to convince him is parents to allow him to go, let alone by himself. They only agreed to let him go alone if he studied for once, which was surprisingly a simple exchange.
--------------------
When Liam arrived at the most known entrance to the woods, he was already having doubts. If Henry went missing, so could he. But Liam shook the thoughts away and walked into the forest, bracing himself.

It took a couple of hours to reach the lake. Liam knew that he needed to go beyond it, but it was hard to fight his instincts to stay near the lake. He knew that Henry was somewhere in the woods.

Among the woodland creatures.