Admiration for the Forest

Henry enjoyed walking around the forest. even before his obsession with the unusually affected creatures deeper within. He usually hated quiet spaces, but the forest had just enough noise to keep him calm.

The forest affects its inhabitants in strange ways the farther from civilization they are. Many animals get lankier and prefer being bipedal over all fours. If the animal already is a bipedal, other factors get changed. Birds, for instance, have their songs turn into a haunting melody instead of their sweet songs.

Nobody knows how humans are affected by the forest, but there are a few theories. One is that they simply go insane, which is the most widely accepted one. Another one is that humans are the only animal to not be affected by the forest, which anybody who believes that something is wrong about the forest disagrees with. After all, why would only humans not be affected?

However, there is a different theory. One that most people refuse to believe despite all evidence brought up pointing to it being true. The theory states that if anyone who is in a broken state of mind and admires the forest goes past the lake, they too will be affected by it.

Becoming one with the forest.