Chapter 15

I woke up standing in the middle of a vast field but as I turned my head, I saw a single tomb in the distance

"what am I doing here?" I asked to myself knowing I, myself cannot answer that question.

This place is a bit foggy and the wind is cold, the grass are tall and the sky is full of dark cumulonimbus cloud, indicating its about to rain soon.

I walked forward absent-mindedly, following the traces of a small path towards the tomb, I don't know what I'm doing but something's urges me to do it.

The distance is getting shorter between me and the tomb, the encrypted letters and words are getting clearer as I make my way towards it.

Dissapointment tripped me to my expectations as I tried to read the encrypted words, I cannot understand a single thing!

"So you can't still read Greek" a soft voice spoke behind me

I was crept out and immediately turned my head towards the source of the voice. There, I saw a woman not so far from where I am standing, she's kneeling with blood on her dress and facing the floor.

My mouth kept shut, doesn't want to make unnecessary noise she might hurt me, God knows! 

Fear starts to rise within me as I cautiously approached her

I have no idea what the hell am I doing, but curiosity fills me the moment I saw her. Why such a strange woman appear in here? Who is she?  And there's a familiarity in her voice, I  might know her. 

"Zeffiniah."  a deep manly voice  called out my name and made me stopped on my tracks. The voice seems familiar as it sends shivers down to my spine.

I turn my head towards his direction but his eyes were pinned to the woman in front of me.

"Its all your fault, Ihja" the man appeared on his 40's and has an aura that makes you feel sick by just looking at him. You can tell by his presence that he's not an ordinary person. He reeks blood.

I don't know what's happening right now but all I know is I need to protect the woman. My body moved as if they have their own consciousness. I immediately ran towards her direction and kneeled, trying to help her escape but to my surprise her legs were full of bruises and wounds and her feet was chained.

I got more desperate to help her and looked for something sharp to cut the chain off but there was nothing except a rock, I tried using it but it was pointless.

"f-fuck!" I tried to cuss out my frustration but I stutter as anxiety overpowered my mind. I'm getting histerical, tears flowing continuosly from my eyes, I feel pain inside my chest as it drums fast.

The man is getting closer, he's wiping his gun while slowly approaching our direction.

"shh-shh" pagpapa tahimik ng babae sa akin, she held my face against hers. Doon sumalubong sa akin ang mukhang di ko inaasahan.

How did she end up here? What's happening? Mas lalong gumulo ang sitwasyon, mas lalong dumami ang tanong sa isip ko.

"I told you before, what is meant to happen is really going to happen." She whispered to my face with her faint and hoarse voice, she's weak and cold.

I looked into her familiar green eyes that made me loose it. I can't be wrong this is the woman I love. Why is she here? Bakit ganyan ang itsura niya? Please tell me this is all just a dream because I can't-I don't know what to do, I'm too powerless right now.