Chapter 3

Babe knows to maintain his position as one of the top racers in Thailand he should take good care of his health, and not do anything, well almost anything, in excess. That includes drinking.

Damn Tony for sending one of his children to offer to buy Babe's contract from Alan. It had obviously been done on purpose, knowing Babe would find out. When he had confronted Kenta, the man had only laughed and said it was time for Babe to stop playing and come home.

Home? Tony's house was not his home. Tony might be his stepfather, but the time had long passed since Babe had thought about him that way. The other children Tony had raised weren't related to Babe in any shape or form. His only family now were Phayu and Saifah.

Kenta coming to the track had brought up too much of his past.

"Do you want to stay at my place tonight?" Way asks, "or I can drive you home?"

Babe shakes his head, "Charlie is waiting."

"Wouldn't want to keep Charlie waiting," Way mutters sarcastically.

Babe gets home to find Charlie sitting outside in the drizzling rain working on his laptop.

"Why didn't you go inside?" Babe asks him.

"How could I? You changed the code." Charlie says.

"You could have called and asked." Babe says.

"You told me not to call and bother you, besides I am just a sex buddy, remember?" Charlie says.

"Oh, are you still upset over that? Fine I don't think of you as just a sex buddy, you are different." Babe says and realizes he means it. Charlie really is different. So innocent and cute on one hand and yet so many secrets.

Babe remembers the first day they had met, he had Charlie come to his house that night for an interview. Even Charlie had known he was there for sex, but the young alpha had been so inexperienced. He had said it was his first time with another alpha, but the way Babe had to walk him through the process, made him wonder if Charlie had many partners at all.

"I'm not different, if I was different, I would know more about the real Babe." Charlie pouts.

Oh that's rich, Babe thinks. What he says is, "You really want to know?"

Charlie, nods smiling.

"Fine, but let's go inside." Babe says.

They sit at the kitchen counter, and Babe says, "Babe isn't the name my parents gave me."

"It was Mek, right?" Charlie asks. Babe raises his eyebrows and Charlie says, "Big fan remember."

"Then did you know I have two older brothers, twins?" Babe asks. Charlie shakes his head looking surprised enough that he might not have known, or he is just a really good actor.

"Phayu and Saifah are three years older than me and when they were eleven and I was eight our parents divorced. Phayu tried to tell me it wasn't either of their faults, they just didn't love each other anymore. In my mind, though, it was my father's fault. He worked too much, he didn't spend enough time with my mother, that sort of thing." Babe says. "That was the first rift between me and my father and brothers. The second came when my mother remarried less than a year later. I should have thought it was strange how Tony wanted nothing to do with my brothers but readily accepted me. At the time I was just happy that I could stay with my mother, and I found Tony very charming and charismatic. He taught me so much and we played games together. There were lots of other children there that Tony called the orphans, although I was kept isolated from them. I never even met most of them. It wasn't until my mother died when I was sixteen that I found out the truth. The reason Tony took me and not my brothers was because I had heightened senses and special abilities. All of Tony's children did. The games they played with us were training to hone our powers. Worst of all is my mother knew everything and had more or less used me as a bargaining chip in her new marriage."