Chapter 7

Babe's doctor tells them he can have visitors three at a time as long as the Alpha doesn't get over tired or over agitated. Phayu, Saifah and Rain are his first visitors. After they leave, looking grim, Alan, Way and Jeff visit.

Babe refuses to even look at Charlie and addresses only Alan and Way, asking about the results of the race, which Kim of course had won. Then they break the news that Babe will probably need to sit out the rest of the season. Babe of course is unhappy with the idea he wants to race and take back his title as king of the hallows.

Charlie is worried about Babe's state of mind. He hasn't eaten at all and when Charlie tries to get him to, he knocks the bowl out of his hand. Alan and Way leave after that and Babe tells Charlie to go and leave him alone too. Charlie can practically smell Babe's bad mood and he doesn't want to leave the other alpha alone with his thoughts.

"I'll leave when you are better," Charlies tells him.

"I don't want you here, just go." Babe says angrily.

"I won't go, when I saw you have that accident, I was scared for you," Charlie says. He won't let Babe win this round. He is going to stay and care for the alpha whether he likes it or not.

"Why did you run on the field like that?" Babe says, "I had safety equipment on, you ran in with nothing."

"Were you worried about me?" Charlie teases.

"No, you just looked stupid." Babe says, his voice has taken on a sulky tone that makes Charlie smile. It's better than his anger and depression from before. He stays and tenderly cares for Babe no matter how many times the alpha tries to chase him away. Charlie can be stubborn too.

Phayu looked sternly around at the group, Rain standing by his side. "I don't believe what happened to my brother was an accident. Who was the last person who touched his car?"

"It was Jeff," Way says, "He was the last one to touch Babe's car before the race."

"Right, I checked Babe's car before the race, that's my job. You are quick to accuse me, Way." Jeff says.

"You are the most suspicious, the last one to join the team and under odd circumstances." Way says.

"Calm down everyone, I don't think we should jump to any conclusions." Alan says.

"You just want to take his side." Way says, giving Alan a meaningful look.

"I just don't think we should accuse anyone without proof." Alan says.

"What if I have proof?" Dean says. He pulls out his phone and shows everyone a video of Jeff working on Babe's car late at night before the race.

"The evidence is clear," Way says, "Is there anything else you want to make up?"

"I didn't do anything wrong," Jeff says, "I just tuned the car for Babe because I couldn't sleep."

"I don't think P'Jeff is the culprit," Rain says, "Why would he have a reason to hurt P'Babe."

"If he wasn't doing anything wrong, why was he doing it secretly at night?" Way says.

"I thought of a new method, and I didn't want to waste time because the race was close." Jeff says.

"Enough, Way," Alan says. "I think Jeff should leave the garage until we figure out who is telling the truth."

"I told you I didn't do it." Jeff looks at Alan with betrayal.

"Who sent you here?" Way asks, "Are you a spy for Red Racing?"

"He's not," Rain cries, "He's..."

Jeff gives him a sharp look and Rain stops speaking realizing he almost let the secret out that isn't his to tell.