Chapter 17

"Where's Sky?" Jeff asks.

"He said he was feeling lazy today and that I could take notes for him for once. P'Pai was still sleeping." Rain says, with a small smirk. "Are you going with us P'Charlie?"

"I need to go by P'Babe's house to pick up some paperwork." Charlie says. "The guards are going to take me by after they drop you two at school."

"Okay, I am ready." Rain says, grabbing his bookbag.

The two guards are waiting by the car; Rain greets both by name and thanks them for taking care of them.

"Our pleasure, Khun Rain." One says.

Phayu looks at his phone and is filled with a sense of uneasiness. Rain is the type that texts him constantly. Before classes, between classes, during breaks. Even if it's just cute little stickers or heart emojis. Yet today he hasn't heard from the omega at all.

Worse, he sent Rain a message this morning and it has gone unread. Even if he had been busy with classes, he should have answered during his lunch period.

He tries calling Rain and immediately gets Rain's voicemail, even though he knows Rain is on his afternoon break.

He calls P'Pakin to ask if the guards that dropped Rain off at school are back.

P'Pakin puts him on hold to check with P'Chai. He comes back and says, "They haven't returned. No one thought anything about it because they were taking Charlie to run some errands after dropping the boys off. I had him check the car's location though and it's sitting behind an abandoned warehouse a few miles from the university. Some of my men are going to check it out.

Phayu's blood runs cold. "Have them pick me up on the way." He says.

They find the car at the warehouse; the two guards are dead in the front seat. It looks like they have been shot. There is no sign of a struggle. In the back seat they find Rain's book bag and three broken cell phones. Phayu recognizes Rain's immediately by the case.

P'Pakin has already sent someone to the university but it turns out that neither Rain or Jeff made it that morning and no one can get ahold of Charlie either. The three seem to have completely disappeared.

Rain twists his wrists trying to loosen the plastic zip ties. He ignores the pain as they cut into his wrist.

He looks up as the door opens. "Where's P'Charlie and P'Jeff?" Rain asks immediately.

"Oh, they are somewhere safe," Tony answers, "They are very valuable to me. You on the other hand, why should I worry about keeping you around?"

One of his men whispers something to him and Tony's eyes widen. "Really, Pakin's son? I take it back; I know several people who would pay top dollar to get their hands on you. You will be one of the star attractions at the auction.

"You will die first." Rain says. "I'll kill you myself, you bastard, those guards your people killed were like uncles to me. Let me go now and I'll make sure you have a quick death."

"Hmm, a feisty little omega, that will increase your value even more. It's not only children with powers my clients are interested in." Tony says.

"Is that supposed to scare me? Anyone that dares touch me will be castrated, I'll..." The rest of what Rain was going to do to anyone who touches him is muffled as one of Tony's men gags him. It doesn't stop Rain from letting loose a string of stifled swear words. Tony just gives him an indulgent smile.

Charlie and Jeff are laying on the floor with their hands bound behind their back. They have tested trying to get their bonds loose but without any success. Not that they have a chance to escape, Kenta is guarding them from across the room.