Chapter 15

Jeff looks questioningly at the food bags in Alan's hand when he opens the door. "Uncle, what are you doing here?"

"I thought we could eat together." Alan says. "May I come in?"

Jeff moves aside and lets him in. "Of course. That sounds nice." To be honest Jeff has been thinking about Alan a lot lately. Jeff has never allowed himself to be close to anyone except Charlie, but there is just something about Alan that makes Jeff feel like he wants to trust again.

Alan looks a little nervous and Jeff tries to hide his smile. Despite being older than Jeff, somehow he manages to be cute. "You asked to come into the room, what is there to be shy about? Come sit with me."

Alan brings the bags of food over and sets the containers out. He turns back and grabs some plates and silverware from the kitchen. Jeff smiles just letting the man take care of him, it's a nice feeling.

While they eat, Jeff asks, "You didn't just come to deliver me food right?"

Alan says, "To be honest, I'm worried about you. Charlie says that besides Babe you are the one that Tony wants back the most."

"I am worth a lot to Tony," Jeff says, "But he doesn't know where I am."

"Way could have told him about this condo." Alan says. "I think you should go somewhere else. P'Pakin is talking about gathering everyone at his house. Charlie and Babe are discussing going."

Jeff says, "Maybe, but I don't want to put anyone in danger."

"P'Pakin's house is well guarded. You will be safe there." Alan tells him.

Jeff considers this and then says, "Okay. I will pack a bag after we eat."

He reaches across the table for a dish of stewed eggs. Then looks up realizing suddenly how close this move brings him to Alan. Jeff gulps and it's his turn to feel shy. He sits back down having completely forgotten about the eggs.

Jeff pulls out a duffel bag and turns to grab the things he needs from his dresser when a vision hits him. Until now he only had visions when touching someone, but this one has come out of nowhere and hits him so hard he has to grab the edge of the dresser to keep from falling to his knees.

It's a terrible vision, Jeff wants to scream at the images, but he is frozen in place. In his mind he sees several flashes of his friends and family. All hurt or dead. His visions always come true, he has never been able to prevent one before, but this one, it can't come to pass. They have got to find a way to stop it from happening.

Rain looks down at his phone as he gets an alert of a text message.

Handsomest Alpha: Pai and I will meet you and Sky after classes to go to the condo and pack your things.

Rain quickly types out a response.

Rain: You're going to pick us up after school. I can't wait.

The response is immediate.

Handsomest Alpha: Aren't you in class?

Rain: I am, I promise. The teacher is just running late.

Rain snaps a picture of the front of the room and the teacher's desk which is currently empty.

Handsomest Alpha: Okay then. Put away your phone and study hard, smart boy. Love you.

Rain: Love you too, putting away my phone now.

Rain turns and tells Sky that the alphas will be picking them up after classes. The teacher comes in shortly after and the rest of their day is busy with classes, they even end up working on sketches for an upcoming project in a free classroom rather than eating lunch.