Chapter 8

Sky looks at Rain in amazement as he greets each of the scary looking men by name and even slips a bag of strawberry candies in the pocket of one making a "shh" gesture with his fingers on his lips as he does.

The man even gives Rain a wink.

"I keep forgetting you grew up in this world." Sky says.

Rain laughs, "I have been coming to these races since I can remember. There is even a picture of P'Chai carrying me around on his hip when I was eighteen months old as he made his rounds looking for troublemakers and greeting VIP guests."

"P'Chai?" Sky asks, trying to imagine the man who taught them to shoot and use a taser carrying around eighteen-month-old Rain.

"Well he is my uncle." Rain says.

Sky makes a little choking noise at this, "Your uncle?"

"Oh, I forgot you haven't met my dad's brother, Uncle Win since he has been out of town on business. He and P'Chai are married." Rain says.

Sky can't imagine P'Chai being married. "But you call him Phi?" Sky asks.

"Habit because that's what everyone else calls him. I went through a period where I called my Pa P'Pakin when I was young too. I outgrew that though." Rain says. "We better hurry, P'Pai will be racing soon, and you don't want to miss that. It's what you came here for right?"

"I don't know what you are talking about, Rain. I have no interest in watching that alpha race." Sky says in an unconvincing voice, causing Rain to grin.

When they arrive at the mechanic area, they see the two alphas.

"P'Babe, P'Charlie, you came!" Rain says.

"Well Charlie wants to be a race car driver and I thought I would show him the inferior races so he will get an idea of what not to do." P'Babe says.

P'Pai mutters something that causes P'Babe to laugh.

"My boyfriend might object to that," P'Babe says putting an arm around Charlie's shoulders.

"Boyfriend?" Rain squeals, "You two are officially together now?'

"I asked him, and he said yes." P'Babe says.

"Oh, and I thought you were the smart one, Charlie." P'Pai says.

"Don't listen to him," Rain says, hugging Charlie. "P'Pai and P'Babe are always like that but they secretly love each other," both alphas in question make gagging motions at this. Rain ignores them. "Now we really are brothers. Come join Sky and I to watch the races." He drags P'Charlie off, leaving P'Babe behind.

P'Babe looks after them, "Did Rain just steal my boyfriend?" He asks P'Phayu.

P'Phayu shrugs, "Get used to it, Rain has already adopted both Charlie and Jeff."

P'Babe starts to say something else, but Sky decides to leave the alphas and catch up with Rain and Charlie.

From a distance Gun watches the group, a smirk on his lips. He is so glad Tony reached out to him to follow Babe and Charlie rather than leaving it to Kenta.

He had come to the race tonight following the pair but had seen someone unexpected. Sky was with the group. Gun isn't sure how that happened, but he has been looking for the omega since Charlie and Jeff had helped Sky escape him. Now here he was, practically hand delivered to him.

Part of Gun wants to abandon Tony's mission and take his property back tonight, but there are too many guards. He will keep watching Tony's children. Now that he knows where to find Sky there is no reason to rush things. Sky will be his again soon.