Chapter 4

Sky watches as Rain is led from the club  by P'Phayu with mixed feelings. On one hand, he is happy that his friend's plan worked. On the other hand, this, of all nights, he doesn't feel like being alone. Although he had been trying not to think about it all day, today is the anniversary of that terrible night. It still haunts his dreams. Some nights, he wakes up drenched in sweat, biting back a scream.

He hadn't told Rain about. He had never told anyone what his asshole ex and his friends had done to him that night. If he had, he knew his friend would have picked a different time to put his plan into action.

“Hello, cutie, can I buy you and your friends a drink?” a voice whispers next to him, making him jump. He looks up and sees it’s just P'Pai.

Sky sighs, he had pegged the man as playboy from the first time they had met, and Rain had confirmed that saying he never saw P’Pai with the same partner twice. Ironically P’Pai is just the type of alpha he dreamed of in his younger days. Handsome, charming, and a bit of a bad boy but cute. Now, however, it wouldn’t matter if the alpha had been a saint, Sky has already vowed he would never trust another alpha again. They are all assholes just like his ex.

Still, a drink wouldn't hurt. In fact, maybe a few drinks would make it easier to forget what night it was.

“Fine.” Sky says he looks at Sig and Por, who both nod.

Phayu pulls back, breaking the kiss. Rain whines, wanting more of the alpha’s taste. 

“Rain, we are in the middle of a parking lot,” Phayu reminds him with a chuckle. He is no longer furious with the little omega, but he isn't going to deny what he wants anymore. What he wants is Rain, and it has been for a long time. No matter how many times he had tried to convince himself that Rain really was just like a little brother to him.

He opens the passenger side door, and Rain gets in, still looking dazed.

Phayu gets in and leans over to buckle Rain's seatbelt, stealing another quick kiss before putting his own on.

“Where are we going?” Rain asks.

“Back to the garage, unless you don't want to. You are allowed to change your mind at any point tonight.” Phayu tells him.

Rain's eyes widen with the realization of what Phayu is saying. He shakes his eyes, “No, I want this. I want you, alpha.”

Phayu growls at the word and breaks several traffic rules between the club and the garage. Once there, he pulls Rain from the car up to the garage apartment. He will make the boy his tonight.

Pai helps a very drunk Sky into his car, buckling the seat belt around him and then gently leaning his head back against the headrest. Sig and Por had left after a couple of drinks. Leaving Pai and Sky alone when the omega had insisted he would stay.

Pai had barely sipped on one drink all night long, but he had watched in amazement as Sky had downed one after another. The omega hardly seems like the party animal type. Pai couldn’t help but feel as if there is something on Sky’s mind, bothering him tonight. Part of him wishes Sky would talk to him about it, and Pai doesn’t understand that desire. Everyone, including himself, assumes he just wants to hook up with the omega. So why does it feel like he suddenly cares. It’s a new sensation for him.

Pai considers if he should take Sky back to Rain’s apartment. He has been there with Phayu a couple of times, and they had even helped Rain move in. Rain is probably still with Phayu, though, and Pai isn’t comfortable about leaving Sky alone this drunk. Pai decides he will take Sky back to his condo and let him sleep it off.

Back at his place, he helps Sky slip off his shoes and then lays him down on the bed. The omega will just have to sleep in his clothes, Pai knows he doesn’t have enough self-control to help him change.