Chapter 13

Rain thinks that if his pa finds out what he is up to he will kill him...twice. Then again that's nothing compared to what P'Phayu will do if he finds out. Rain shudders thinking of what punishment this could earn from the alpha. If he is lucky, P'Phayu will just turn Rain over his knee like he has threatened a few times.

Rain hasn't even dared tell Sky what he is planning, he is worried that he will try to stop him or call one of the others to let them know Rain is doing something both dumb and dangerous.

It is dumb and dangerous, even Rain knows that but he also thinks it could uncover the evidence they need against Tony.

It's not like Rain hasn't been trained in surveillance. P'Chai had taught him from the time he was young. Not that anyone had ever thought that Rain would need that particular skill, it was more of a game they played when Rain was younger.

That's why he knows not to wear any ridiculous disguises that would draw more attention than he wanted. Instead, he was dressed like a million other college students. Ripped jeans, tennis shoes, oversized t-shirt and bucket hat. Not much different from what he would wear if he and P'Phayu were going on a casual date to the movies or amusement park.

The man he is following is dangerous. Even if he hadn't heard Sky's story about this man and his friends, Rain would have known it. There is just something about him that makes Rain's blood run cold and Rain has been around some of the most hardened criminals in Bangkok. Rain is just considering if he should go back to his car for his gun or at least the taser when the man takes a seat in an outdoor Cafe.

Rain sits at a bus stop nearby after checking that it will be a while before the next bus. He takes out his phone and pretends to play a game while taking a few clandestine pictures of Gun. Soon he is joined by another man. He sits with his back towards Rain. They talk for a while and Gun passes an envelope to the man. Rain takes several pictures of this.

Only when the man stands up does Rain get a good look at his face. He gasps at who it is and almost fumbles his phone. Luckily the men don't seem to notice, and Rain is able to recover and get a few pictures of the man's face.

Rain pretends to take a call and says loudly, "But I am already at the bus stop." He waits for a few minutes as if listening then says with a dramatic sigh, "Okay, okay, I'll come."

He doesn't really think anyone is paying attention to him, but this gives him an excuse to get up and leave the bus stop rather than waiting without looking suspicious if they are.

Rain breathes a sigh of relief when he gets back into his car without incident. He drives to P'Phayu's garage. The alpha is still at work, but this is where Rain feels safest. He greets P'Fah and P'Nui before going up to the apartment. He then sends a text asking P'Babe if he and uncle Alan could meet him and P'Phayu at P'Babe's house tonight. He says that P'Charlie is fine but asks that they don't inform anyone else about the meeting yet. Rain is no longer sure who they can trust.

Rain sends P'Phayu a text letting him know he is waiting for him at the garage, and they are meeting with P'Babe tonight then decides to take a nap. Surveillance work is exhausting.

Babe waits until the others have left before asking Alan to meet with Rain and P'Phayu tonight. Charlie has gone out with Jeff for the night so it's just going to be the four of them.

"Rain didn't want anyone else to know that we were meeting?" Alan asks.

"He said Charlie would be fine. He just didn't want word to get around the garage for some reason." Babe says.

"Charlie but not Jeff?" Alan doesn't seem pleased with that.

"Don't get offended on the behalf of your boy just yet." Babe says, "Rain knows Charlie pretty much lives at my house these days, I think that's why he mentioned him by name."