Chapter 10

"Pa thinks he found someone who can help with getting inside information on Tony's business," Rain tells Babe and Charlie. He had asked the two of them to meet for lunch especially to discuss this.

"Who?" Babe asks.

"An enigma named Pete. Rumors are he is one of Tony's first children." Rain says.

"An enigma?" Babe feels shock go through him. Even Charlie gives an impressed whistle. Alphas are rare enough, enigmas only make up the smallest percentage of the population, less than .01 percent. There are only about 7000 in all of Thailand.

"Will he help us?" Charlie asks.

"I think so." Rain says. "Pa has asked him to meet with you."

Babe considers then nods. "I want to bring Way."

Charlie shifts uncomfortably in his seat at this but doesn't say anything. Babe understands why Charlie wouldn't be happy with him bringing Way. Although Charlie has never seemed the type to be overly possessive, Way has consistently been cold and insulting to his boyfriend. Babe knows it comes from a place of jealousy on Way's part, but he reminds himself to tell his friend to tone it down if it happens again.

"P'Way?" Rain frowns and Babe wonders if the omega has something against his friend. He's never said anything but now that Babe thinks about it he has always been a little standoffish to Way. Unlike Alan and Charlie or even North and Sonic, all of whom Rain has pretty much adopted, he seems to avoid Way when they are all together. Charlie he understands, he isn't sure what Rain's issue with Way is.

"Way is my friend and an important member of the X-hunter's team." Babe reminds him.

Rain frowns but only says, "I'll arrange the meeting. I will call you with the time." Rain gets up to leave without finishing his meal.

"Wow, in such a hurry," Babe says, "Tell my brother I said hi."

Rain makes a face. "He's making me do homework today. It's the weekend and I have plenty of time, but he makes me do it anyway."

Babe laughs at this, "I tried to talk you into dating a more fun alpha, my brother is just so serious." It's a joke they both know Phayu is the only alpha in Rain's eyes. "Now you have to face the consequences." Rain makes a face at him and drops some money on the table for the bill.

Later that night, almost as soon as Babe leaves for his meeting with Pete, Charlie's phone rings. He's surprised to see Rain's number on the screen.

"Rain, are you looking for P'Babe?" Charlie asks, "He just left."

"I know." Rain says. "I need to talk to you without P'Babe knowing."

Charlie feels a stab of unease. "About what?"

"About P'Way," Rain says. "Something has been bothering me since we met for lunch, and I can't talk to Babe about it. He and P'Way are so close, and it might make him mad."

"P'Way?" Charlie doesn't trust Way, he always felt as if he smiled too much, while keeping his real feelings to himself. However, Charlie just thought it was because of Babe and their relationship. Way has never made any secret that he sees Charlie as a rival for Babe's attention. He wonders what Rain's issue could be with the man.

"I just wanted to ask, P'Way is an alpha right?" Whatever Charlie had expected it wasn't this question.

"You're an omega, if anyone knows the answer it's you." There are two ways that designation can be identified. One is by body type. Alphas tend to be bigger and more muscular while omegas are usually smaller and lither. Betas fall in between on physical build. This is just a general guide though not everyone fits into these boxes. The other way is through their pheromones. An omega like Rain should be very sensitive to alpha pheromones.