Chapter 16

Babe and Charlie sit in front of the car staring up at the stars. This is one of Babe's favorite places and Charlie loves it too. This is where Babe first asked him to be his boyfriend.

Charlie leans his head against the other alpha's shoulder and says, "I wish we could stay like this forever."

"Things are going to get even more dangerous now." Babe says. "Since we found out about Tony's plans with Way, he will be desperate."

"I'll protect you." Charlie says.

Babe sits up straight and says, "You know that isn't what I mean. You have a knack for turning big things into small things."

Charlie says, "No matter what you say, in the end I won't leave you."

"Tony doesn't know yet that you have my powers," Babe says, "You could still get away, go somewhere safe."

Charlie looks a little hurt at this suggestion, "I have looked for you all my life and now I just want to stay by your side. You want me to leave you? I won't do it."

Babe reaches out a hand and strokes his cheek, "Stubborn boy, you might regret it someday."

"That day will never come," Charlie says. Babe smiles and pulls Charlie closer so he can kiss him.

Charlie's phone beeps with a message, he starts to ignore it but that is Jeff's tone. "I've had another vision, everyone is in danger, we need to talk."

Charlie studies the message then looks at Babe with large, frightened eyes. He hasn't told Babe about Jeff's visions yet, the one with the crashed car and now this one. "We need to meet with P'Pakin." Charlie says, "All of us." He tells Babe everything about the first vision and that Jeff's message just now says they are all in danger.

Before Babe can call Rain or P'Phayu to arrange a meeting, his phone rings. It's Rain, the omega tells Babe that Tony's man, Gun came after them tonight, but they are safe now. He says they are all meeting at P'Pakin's house.

"I was just about to call you," Babe says. "There's something else, we'll talk when we get there. Jeff and Charlie will need to explain what's going on. It has to do with Jeff's power."

Rain sees the way P'Babe is glaring at Charlie and thinks it's the way P'Phayu glared at him when he put himself in danger by following Gun that day. The two truly are brothers.

"What's happened?" Rain asks when everyone is settled in his Pa's living room.

Jeff tells them about both his visions, the first one where he had seen a race car crash and couldn't tell if the person was alive. The car had been Babe's but he thinks the person driving had been Charlie. The second vision was at Tony's house, and everyone had been hurt or dead. Jeff couldn't tell for sure.

Now Rain knows why Babe is angry. Charlie had obviously known about the first vision but hadn't told Babe about it, even though he was in danger.

"Have you gotten anything from Way?" P'Phayu asks P'Chai.

"He won't talk," P'Chai says, "He is asking to see Babe."

"No," Charlie and Rain say at the same time.

"I could talk to him." Khun Pete says.

"You have to touch him to use your powers," Rain says, "What if he tries to use his powers on you."

"I will go with him and take some of the guards," P'Chai says. "To make sure that doesn't happen.

"So what now?" P'Phayu asks.