Chapter 13

Special thanks to:

Things from the flood by simon stalenhag good god that ending gave me chills

Jordyn Diaz from the making of a chimera <3<3<3

My surgery playlist that I'm listening to because I've got a surgery in like a week:

Kira pls make more music ur the reason im taking german

Crisp

Mmmm lemme think is there anyone else who deserves praise

Oh yeah

Me ofc

Jk lol

But srsly tho go on praise me like a god

If you didn't like bia getting sick blame my editor it was their idea (Hopefully it works)

The equal opportunity killer: Alastor!

(Us!)

I'm an awful person

Don't ask what happened in new moscow

...

Cw violence and shit

Anyway lets fucking start!

I open my eyes and everything looks blurry and fucked up. After a moment my gaze settles and everything returns to its normal fucked up world. I try to sit up on the cot and groan when the feeling of weary weakness and soreness hits me like a freight train.

"Bia?" I turn to see a tired Iris in a chair looking like she just woke up. She rushes over and kneels at the base of the cot to hug me. I hug her back.

"Are you ok love?"

"I think so. How long was I out."

"A few days. You must have gotten seriously sick... I was worried, you know." She admits softly. I try to fix her messy bed hair.

"How's the war going?" I ask after a bit.
"Not good. The Martian government have been supplying the Sarenians." I hiss a sigh.

"Of course they would those fucking bastards."

"I think you should go back to sleep, you don't seem strong enough to fight."

"I'm fine." I say, rubbing my arms.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Just a bit sore, but I'll walk it off." I say, standing. Iris stands too.

"Okay, if you wanna get right back into missions, I won't stop you. But I can't lose you, Bia. If anything goes wrong-" I grab her hands and hold them together.

"Nothing would ever go wrong. No one can kill me. I'd never want anything like that to happen to you." I hug her and kiss her forehead.

"Trust me."
Iris walks me back from the medical center to the cafe and I take a deep breath before entering our meeting room.

"Nice to see you back Bianca." Antoni says, looking up from a shit ton of papers.

"It's good to be back." I smile, clearing my throat.

Antoni turns to face Orion, Tau, and Benedict and nods.

"Our scouts have reported increased Sarenian activity on the south side of town. You three will go with Bia to take them down."