Ohio is not for lovers

(TW: self harm, suicide)
Y/n POV:

As I'm putting the last box into my black Kia soul my sister comes running up to me almost knocking me into the grass

Aurora:"im going to miss you" she says with one singular tear running down her face.

Y/n: " it will be okay it's the best choice for me" I say wile holding her tight as I can.

My whole life I have had no friends at my school, or around me. Getting bullied since elementary really does a toll on a person. My sister and I had an older brother who had passed away when he was 23, I took it a lot harder than my sister she was 4 years old at the time I was 13. I've always dressed on the darker side of things and listened to sadder music.

From around the age of 10 myself I started to self harm because of school and being so alone, but once my brother had passed away is when my first suicide attempt happened. My brother was really the only one there for me and understood me.

Aurora: "will you come visit often?" She asks with a little pout on her face

Y/n : " of course... as much as I can but I really need to be away for a wile, I have more potential in California.

Aurora:" do you need help bringing anything else to the car?

Y/n: " I think this is all" I say as I hug her one last time.

Our mom and dad come out and we all say our goodbyes. I get into the car and open my phone. Tara has texted me

Tara: " hey girl! I cannot wait for you to be here. Jake and I are going to go to the store to get some things for your arrival. Let me know when your leaving and I'll call you tonight"

I message her back

"I'm leaving now! I'm so excited to see you all!"

I open my maps on my phone and click the directions to the hotel I'm going to be staying at in Colorado for the night. I open Spotify and hit shuffle on my playlist Ohio is for lovers by Hawthorne heights plays. I never really got that because it definitely isn't. No one could love me, I haven't even had a single friend here.

Time passes 12:40am (midnight)

I arrive at the hotel and grab out my over night bag I had packed and locked the doors. Once I got myself settled in I texted Tara

Y/n:"hey I made it to the hotel im going to take a shower then I'll FaceTime you"

I put my phone on the bed and start undressing. I go to the bathroom and start the shower, I look at myself in the mirror to start wiping my makeup off. Of course my eyeliner smears my whole face and I end up just leaving it like that hoping the shower will get the rest. I'm standing looking at myself in the mirror looking over my body.

It aches my heart seeing my scars that cover over my arms and my legs, it hurts to even think that the reason they are like that is mostly due to all the bullying. I just don't get why I'm so hated. I jump into the shower and start cleaning myself.

*gets out of the shower*

I dry myself off and wrap my hair in a towel. I throw on my black lace underwear and a baggy Bring me the horizon tshirt and brush my teeth. I take the towel off my hair and try and dry it off the rest I can. I go back over to the bed and FaceTime Tara.

* ringing*

Tara: "hey sexy" she says with a smirk and a huge smile on her face. Jake pokes his head into the screen

Jake: "hey y/n how was your drive"

Y/n: "pretty boring but I kept myself busy being sad in my thoughts"