XII

AURORA ROSE
3:34 am

I got out of bed to get ready for school way earlier than normal even through I hadn't slept at all. I grabbed a towel and got into the shower. I brushed my teeth in there at the same time. I scrubbed, exfoliated, shaved. After an hour, I finally got out of the shower.

As I was drying myself, my phone rang.

1 text message from Blake

My eyes widened. Why was Blake texting me at this time?
I opened the message.

Blake: Are you awake?
Me: Yeah. I just got out of the shower.
Blake: Why so early?
Me: I don't know.
Me: Be right back. I need to choose an outfit.
Blake: Need help?

I smiled at his message, for some reason.

Me: Sure. I'd like to see what you can do.

I patiently waited for his reply.

Blake: White off the shoulder sweater, blue jeans and uggs.
Me: I like it. I'll go try it on.
Blake: Show me when you do.
Me: You're gonna see me either way.
I giggled.
Blake: I don't care.
Me: Okay, grumpy.

I smiled one last time before I dropped my phone, lotioned my body and put my clothes on. I stood in front of my big mirror and took a picture of me with my whole outfit, sticking my tongue out and flipping him off and sent it to Blake.

Me: Do you like it?

My heart started beating faster when he saw the picture. I nervously waited for his opinion.

After what seemed like centuries, he responded.

Blake: Perfect.
Me: Hehe.
Blake: What are you going to do for the next hour?
Me: I'll put some make-up on and fix my hair.
Me: What about you?
Blake: Don't know. I thought we could meet up.
Me: Right now?
Me: Why?
Blake: I want to see you.

I looked at myself in the vanity mirror and smiled.

Me: You see me like everyday.
Blake: So?
Me: Where do you wanna meet up?
Blake: Our place. 6 am.
Me: Okay.

I obeyed, of course. I didn't fix my hair at all and just brushed it and left while it was still wet.

I arrived to the library a few minutes later and saw Blake already sitting in our desk.

I smiled and waved at him. "Blake!" I said when he stood up to hug me. Hands wrapped around his neck and arms wrapped around my waist. This time, I let my hands slide on his chest when we pulled away.

He looked into my eyes for so long, I forgot how to breathe. His hands were still on my waist, gripping so tightly it hurt.

I cleared my throat and pulled away and we both sat down at the same time.

"So," I rested my hands on the desk. " You wanted to see me."

"I did." He simply replied while leaning back on the chair and manspreading.

"And I'm here."

"You are." He smirked.

I nodded awkwardly, not understanding why his answers are so short but so seductive. I tried to think of something to break the silence that was anything but awkward. Just us looking at each other.

"Should I invite Camilla, Pearl, Alex and Leo as well?" I finally asked. His eyes darkened and he groaned when he heard the last two names. "No." He said dryly

"Okay then you better start being interesting or you leave me no choice." I crossed my arms. He raised his eyebrows. I cleared my throat. "I couldn't sleep all night because of my insomnia. That's why I was showering at three am." I suddenly said

"I didn't sleep at all either." He chuckled.
"Really? why?" I asked
"I just couldn't."

"You have dimples." I rested my head on my palm and stared at him. I don't know what made me say that all of a sudden but it just happened.

He smiled, his dimples showing again. "You noticed."

"Yeah." Silence again.

"Why would you go out with wet hair in this cold? You're going to get sick." He said while grabbing strands of my wet hair.

"Because I can do whatever I want since it's my birthday today."

His eyebrows raised in shock. "Your birthday?" He almost choked. "Get up." He said before grabbing my arm and leading me outside of the library. He started taking his jacket off . "Take this, you're gonna freeze to death." I froze as he put the jacket on me and before I knew it he took his cap off his head and put it on mine. I didn't say anything. His touch froze me. We got in his car.

"W-where are we going?" I barely let out. "We're celebrating your birthday." He simply said.
"Blake," A chuckle escaped from me. "It's fine, really. I never celebrate it anyway." I looked at him. His eyes on the road, left arm on the wheel and right arm on the break. Strong and veiny.

"Where do you wanna go first?" He asked.

"Blake-"
"Aurora." His tone warned me.

I sighed. I ignored him and didn't answer at all. "Aurora." he looked at me. No answer.

"Don't be so stubborn. It's not that big of a deal"

I kept being quiet. I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling but he might've noticed because he pulled his car over and turned his attention to me. I stared up at him. He was still bigger than me even while we were sitting. He could crush me with just one pinch.

His eyes so dark and serious, I suddenly regretted not answering to him.

I finally replied to him and he took me to every place I had ever mentioned,

We skipped school and went shopping for me for hours.

*************
He's got moneyyyyy

You guys aren't ready for what's about to come