'Welcome to the world, little one'

Age: Almost born
TW: Giving birth (it ain't rainbows and sunshine but it isn't graphic)

------

"How long do you think I've got?" Natasha asked Bruce as he did an ultrasound on her large belly.

"I don't know, maybe a few days minimum, a maximum of a week and a half," Bruce replied, finishing the test.

Natasha pulled her shirt down over her bump and Bruce helped her off the bed.

"Will you and Steve be moving out when you give birth?" Bruce asked.

"Maybe," Nat replied. "If we do, it'll just be for a few years so my little girl isn't around missions too much. I want her to be brought up like a child should be."

Bruce sent the pregnant red-head a comforting smile.

"I'm sure you'll be a great mother," he assured her. "And she'll have Morgan anyway."

Pepper had given birth to Tony's daughter - Morgan Stark - just under a year ago. Natasha opened her mouth to speak, but the lab door opened and Steve entered the room.

"Oh hey," Nat greeted going over.

Her boyfriend hugged her, careful not to squish both her and the baby.

"When's the baby due?" Steve asked her.

"Bruce said in between a few days and two weeks," Nat replied, looking over at Bruce who was at his computer analysing the scans.

Suddenly, Bruce looked up and went over.

"From the scans, I'd narrow my prediction down to three days," he told them.

"Holy shit," Natasha murmured, joy seeping into her tone. "Steve... we'll have a family in less than a week."

"We already have a family sweetheart," Steve replied, his hands around his girlfriend.

"I know, I mean..."

"I know... I know..."

The two shared a brief kiss, and Steve placed his hand on Natasha's bump.

"I can't believe we'll actually be having a little girl," she whispered.

"Neither can I my love," Steve replied fondly.

------

It was later that day, and most of the team had gone out on a mission. The only people to not have gone were Wanda and - of course - Natasha. They were sat on the sofa watching movies. Natasha had her snack bowl on her right and Wanda to her left. Suddenly, Natasha shifted. Wanda's head snapped towards the pregnant woman, picking up on something with her powers.

"Are you okay?" Wanda asked.

"Yeah, I'm just going to get a drink," Nat replied.

"Alright," Wanda replied with a nod.

She watched Nat leave the room and immediately turned the volume of the TV down. The witch suspected something, but she wasn't sure what. For a minute, all was quiet - apart from the TV of course - until there was a sudden clattering from the kitchen and a loud cry.

"Nat," Wanda muttered, leaping up and running towards the kitchen.

When she reached the kitchen, she saw Natasha leaned over, her hands gripping onto the side of the worktop, clearly in pain. Wanda knew immediately what was happening.

"Nat, Nat, Nat!" Wanda cried, running over. "You need to come back to the lounge and lay down!"

"I can't!" Natasha yelled in pain, her water breaking.