Motorbikes and punchbags - P1

Age: 14

------

It was early morning (6am to be exact) and I was already in the training room, attacking a punching bag without mercy. I stopped for a brief second to tighten my boxing gloves before going back to pummelling the bag.

"Hey, hey, calm down," I heard a voice behind me say softly.

I ignored it and continued punching but the person grabbed my wrists.

"Ana, calm down!"

It was my mom.

I yanked your wrists protesting, "Mom get off!"

She ignored my protest and spun me around.

"Ana, what's wrong?"

My mom's gaze into my own green eyes made me feel at ease. It was a firm but worried gaze, as if to say, 'I want you to be alright.'

I shrugged, looking away.

"Anastasia, talk to me."

I tried to walk away but then realised mom still had hold of my wrists.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" I snapped, pulling my wrists away and walking off.

I took off my gloves as I walked before throwing them onto one of the benches at the side of the training room and storming upstairs. Because of how early it was, I didn't meet anybody on the way up to my room and I slammed my bedroom door shut.

I was laid on my bed with my music blasting through my headphones. My eyes were closed but I wasn't asleep. I didn't know what was wrong with me lately, but everything either pissed me off or made me feel so god damned stressed. Suddenly, my headphones were gently removed. I sat up and opened my eyes quickly, glaring at my dad.

"Ana, don't yell at me," he warned, knowing what was coming.

"Fuck off," I mumbled, laying back down and turning over in bed so I was facing the other way.

"Ana, what's wrong sweetheart?" Dad asked, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing's wrong, can you just leave me alone?" I snapped, sitting up and pushing my dad away.

"Clearly something's wrong," dad pressed.

I clenched my fists and yelled, "Get the fuck out of my god damn room!"

I stood up and, grabbing my headphones, phone and jacket, went downstairs, dad behind me. I slipped my shoes on and continued to walk towards the compound doors.

"Heyyy where do you think you're going mini Romanoff?" Tony asked rhetorically, standing in your way.

Great. Just fucking great. I turned to my dad furiously.

"Are you fucking deaf or something?" I shouted. "I told you to leave me alone!"

"Not until you tell me, or your mom or somebody what's wrong," dad replied calmly, crossing his arms over his chest.

I turned around and pushed past Tony.

"Walk out that door and you'll be in big trouble Anastasia!" dad called after me.

"Yeah well, good for you!" I replied, walking out and slamming the door behind me.

Natasha

I heard yelling so went to investigate. Not to my surprise, Ana had been yelling and had walked out.

Sighing, I asked, "What happened?"

"Mini Romanoff had a pop at Rogers here and walked out, as you can probably gather," Tony commented, walking past me.

I grabbed his arm and questioned, "And it didn't occur to you to stop my daughter leaving and potentially doing something stupid?"

The man held eye contact with me and swiftly replied, "Well I never know what's going on with your daughter, seeing as she's a teenager and teenagers are pretty notorious for not talking to their parents."

"She's 14 Tony!" I raised my voice. "She could get hurt if she goes out there angry! I know that Ana can and will make stupid decisions to make herself feel less shit!"

"Nat, it's alright," Steve put his hands on my shoulders and I let go of Tony's arm. "Tony, can you track Ana's phone?"

Tony nodded and went off to his lab. I turned to my husband and asked, "Am I doing this wrong Steve?"

"Are you doing what wrong?" Steve asked, placing his hands gently on my waist.

"Parenting?" I fretted. "Have we done it all wrong?"

"Honey, we've done all we can for her. Something's wrong, and whether she decides to tell us or not is up to her," Steve told me. "We'll deal with her walking out later, but I promise you, you haven't let her down."

Steve hugged me tightly and I rested my head on his chest.

"All I want is for Ana to have everything I didn't. A loving family, friends, education... freedom."

"And she's had that," the super-soldier replied. "But whatever's going on in her head right now... you've got to let her come to you unless she's causing harm to herself or others."

I nodded slowly.

"Nat, I've found her," Tony reappeared suddenly.

I pulled away from my husband and ran over to Tony.

"Where is she?" I asked.

He took me down to his lab, me explaining that I just needed to know where my daughter was, and showed me the screen. He'd tracked where Ana had been and she'd gone a really long way in a few minutes.

I muttered under my breath, "She must've taken a car or something."

"To move that fast across the city?" Tony inquired.

Realisation dawned in me. Ana had watched me drive a motorbike so many times and I had even taught her the basics.

"Shit."

I ran out of the room and grabbed my jacket; which was helpfully hanging on the side of a railing.

"Nat?" Steve asked, running after me as I ran to the garage.

"Oh god," I mumbled, noticing that one of the motorbikes was gone.

"Natasha!"

I turned around and saw Steve, looking at me questioningly.

"Where is she?"

"She took a motorbike downtown, I'm going to get her," I replied.

Steve nodded, saying, "I'll stay here and wait for you."

I nodded and got on the other motorbike, before speeding out of the garage.