Chapter 37 {Edited}

TW: Leona goes through it (mini seizure, small descriptions of blood, etc.)

"We gotta get you out of here." Magnus quietly said into Leona's ear, not wanting to draw any attention towards them. "Don't make a sound until we are out of here, do you understand?"

Leona forced herself to nod as she bit her lip harshly, another wave of pain rushing through her.

She felt Magnus place a hand on her lower back, quickly guiding them out of the room, everyone too busy talking amongst themselves to notice their departure.

Leona let out a small gasp of discomfort as she forced herself not to grab onto her injured arm, knowing it would hurt more if she touched it.

The wound felt blistering as if her skin was being burnt off, as if pins and needles were running up and down her arm. She groaned in disgust as she felt herself start to sweat, her body becoming hot.

Magnus quickly led them into a secluded hallway, where Leona dropped down to the floor, clutching her arm in agony.

"What's happening?" Leona rasped out just as Alec and Isabelle ran up to them, the siblings' eyes widening at the sight before them.

"Oh my god," Leona heard Isabelle say in shock.

"We need to go to my apartment now," Magnus said as he quickly began to flourish his arms, a portal opening in the hall.

"Alec, you're gonna have to carry her," Magnus told the Shadowhunter, who began to kneel near Leona.

"Leona, I'm gonna have to hold you okay." Alec repeated Magnus's words ensuring that Leona wouldn't be too startled by the sudden movement.

Leona nodded at Alec, who quickly scooped her up into his arms, causing her to grip tightly at his shirt as another sudden flash of pain washed through her.

The group quickly ran into the portal before appearing in Magnus' apartment. Alec gently dropped Leona onto Magnus's couch as Isabelle stood staring at her friend in worry.

Leona let out a short breath as she tried pressing herself into the couch, trying to do anything to ease the pain.

From behind her, the Lightwoods watched as Magnus hurried across the room, a sticky note in his hand as he gathered multiple bottles before dropping them all onto a table.

"Isabelle, throw a little bit of everything into that bowl and mix it. Bring it over when you're done," Magnus told the Lightwood, and she quickly went to follow his instructions.

"Your arm, Leona, I'm gonna have to look at it okay," Magnus warned the girl, flashing on a pair of gloves with his magic, as he began to approach her on the couch.

"Oh god," Leona cried out as tears involuntarily began to form in her eyes. The pain had begun to feel unbearable, causing her eyes to squeeze shut. She felt tears begin to fall down her face.

"Alexander, you're gonna have to hold her down. She can't move while I do this." Magnus told the Lightwood who stood there frozen. When he showed no signs of moving, Magnus spoke again.

"Alec," Magnus shouted, pushing him out of his state of shock. "Hold her down, now."

Alec quickly shook his head before kneeling toward Leona. He grabbed her good arm and moved to place the girl in front of his body, causing Leona to cry out at the movement, her body burning with every motion.

"I got you," Alec told her, trying to calm her down. "It's just me."

Alec gently wrapped his hands around her body, so Leona's back was leaning against his chest, the two sitting on the couch. The Lightwood placed one hand on her good arm, holding it down before using his other to hold down the upper part of her injured arm.