Part 2

The tree Everdeen girls walk hand in hand to the square, when the reaping for the 74th Hunger Games will take place. Prim notices they are checking everyone's fingers for identification and starts cry. Amara and Katniss quickly pull her out of the line and squat down beside her.

Amara: Prim, it's okay, it doesn't hurt... shhh, it doesn't matter.

Prim: You didn't tell me. - she stammers.

Katniss: Prim, it'll just be a little prick, you won't really feel it.

Amara: And when you're done, join the other kids, we'll find you.

Finally the girls line up, Prim in towards the front when it's her turn, the peacekeeper rouhly seizes her hand, checks her finger, and presses it onto the sheet.

The wizards and witches watch in utter horror as Molly excalims, "Tis is utterly Barbaric!!"

On the sreen, it's visible that Katniss's finger is pricked, followed by Amara's. The two girls join the line, attempting to find Prim in the sea of children, but she's not visible amoung them. Amidst the crowd of men, they spot Gale and smile him, Amara then tries to locate Peeta but can't see him.

A few moments later, the mayor and some people walk up to the stage and taake their seat. Effie Trinlet walks up to the microphone and taps it.

"What the hell is she wearing?" James exlaims in alarm, and Sirius looks equally startled. Remus just rolls her eyes at them, while Lily smacks their heads and whispers. "Not now"

Effie: Welcome, welcome! Happy Hunger Game, and may the odds be ever in your favor. - Amara looks at him with a grimace.

The Marauders can't help it and brust into laughter at the expression on she face.

Effie: Now, before we begin, we have a very special film. Brought to you all the way from The Capitol.

The screening begins on a gigant screen. The film: War, Terrible war. Gale quietly mimics it and looks at the girls. The two girls stand hand in hand, softly laughing at Gale's antics.

President Snow voice: War, terrible war. Widows, oraphans, a motherless child. This was the uprising that rocked our land. Thirteen districts rebbeled against the country that fed them, loved them, proceted them. Brother turned on brother until nothing remained. And then came the peace, hard fought, sorely won. A people rose up from the ashes, and a new era was born, but the freedom has a cost. And the traitors were defeated. We swore as a nation we would never know this treason again. And so it was decreed that each year the various discrict of Panem would offer up, in tribute, one young woman and men to fight to the death in a pageant of honor, courage, and sacrifice. The lone victor bathed in riches would serve as a reminder of our generosity and our forgiveness. This is how we remember our past. This is how we safeguard our future.

Effie: I just love that!

The Great Hall falls into complate silence. The teacher and parents watch the screen in horror, while the students are frightened. No one was prepared for this. Lily suddenly cries out "What's wrong with you? How can you do this with children?" President Snow just rolls his eyes, now realizing where the girl inherited her emotions from.

Effie: Now the time has come for us to select one courageus woman and man. For the honor of representing Discrict 12 for the 74th annaual Hunger Games. As usual ladies first.

Effie walks up to the bowl made of glass containing, the slips of paper. She reaches into the bowl, stirs it a bit, pulls out a piece of paper, ad walks back to the microphone.

I have a bad feeling about this. - Sirius whispers into Remus's ear.

Effie: Primrose Everdeen.