Part 6

Amara walks out of his cabin, intending to enter the rrom, but pauses at the door when she sees Peeta and Haymitch sitting at the table, engaged in conversation, while Effie is applying makeup.

Haymitch: You'll freze to death anyway.

Peeta: No, i'd have a lot of fire.

Haymitch: That's a best way to get killed.

Amara: What's best way to get killed?

Haymitch turns around and look at him.

Haymitch: Oh, hurray, join us! I'm just saving a life saving advice.

Some chuckle at Haymitch's ironic behavior.

Amara: Like what?

Peeta: I asked how we can find shelter.

Haymitch: What could be useful, that is if you stay alive.

James looks at his daughter's mentor and speaks, "This doesn't really help." "Look, I've been mentoring for years, withnessed the deats of many kids. Do you think this is easy?

Amara: How do I find shelter?

Haymitch: Pass the jam?

Amara: How do is find shelter? - she asks more lourdly.

I'm suprised he hasn't hit you, his temper is worse than anything." Johanna laughs, while Haymitch and Amara just looks at each other.

Haymitch: At least let me recover, sweetheart, the mentor's life is exhaisting. - he says, then takes a small bottle of alcohol from his pocket and pours in into cup.

Haymitch: Could you pass the jam, please?

Amara had enough, she grabbed the buttering knife and swiftly stabbed it between Haymitch's two fingers. Haymitch looks up at her in astonishment.

The marauders burst into laughter at his antics, then Sirius speaks up. "That's the Evans temper. Lily looks at him frighteningly. "What temper?" "Nothing, nothing" and James hides behind.

Finnick quickly leans towards Amara and tells him, "You're quite scary, baby, but also sexy" he whispers. Peeta nods in agreement, causing Amara blush. She then kisses both of him soulmates.

Effie: That is mahogany.

Haymitch: You killed the coaster!

Effie is an icon! I love her! GInny exclaims.

Haymitch pulls the kinfe out of the coaster in astonishment.

Haymitch: Do you want know how to survive? - he makes eye contact with Amara.

Haymitch: Only if you become popular. - Amara's face pales at this statement.

Haymitch: Oh, this wasn't what you expected. - he says, and starts spearding jam on his bread.

Haymitch: In the arena, when you're hungry, cold, a little water, a knife, or even a single match can determine life or death. But you can only get such things from sponsors, and to be sponsored, you need to be popular. But darling, you started off on the wrong foot. he says, then takes a bite of bread.

In the Great hall, people looks stunned, realizing how much their lives could hinge on this.

Peeta sees them arriving and rushes to be the window.

Peeta: It's massive, breathtaking. Come and see. - he says, looking out the window.

Peeta, looking out the window, sees a massive crowd wearing all sorts of colored wigs and clothes, adorned with peculiar makeup. He starts waving to the crowd, and they cheer and appluad.

"They look terrible, how on earth can they dress like that?" Fred asks. It's a capitol fashion, everyone dresses like this there. It's the norm." Finnick tells him.

Peeta: Come on, Amara! Wave to them! - he tells her, then turns back to the crowd and continues waving to them.

Haymitch: You better be careful, he took my advice to heart. - he says, then stabs the knife back into the hole.

Amara remains seated, giving Haymitch a challenging look. This piques Haymitch's interest, and he begins to feel a glimmer of hope that he coulld win again for District 12.

Haymitch, he started seeing how special you are right from here. - Beetee looks at him. "What do you mean by that?" Lily asks anxiously, not wanting any harm to come to her daughter. She has already noticed how stubborn she can be in thiss short time. "Certainly, the movies will show." he says kindly.

The screen swiches to Ceasar and Sececa Crane. They are sitting in a studio for the interview.

Ceasar: Well, seeing them, what is your opinion on this year's lineup? Can we expect suprises this year as well?

Sececa: It's hard to answer right after the reapings, but the field looks promising and exciting.

Ceasar: Yes.

Sececa: If someone volunteers from an outer district, it's worth paying attention to.

The scene cuts back to Amara, lying on a table, being cleaned and waxed.

Do they just undress you and walk around as if nothing happened? What about your private space? Lily asks nervously. "They don't care. Once you're in the games, there's no more privacy, even if you win." - Enobaria says sadly, and the other victors nod in agreement. IN the Great hall, people are shocked, they couldn't fathom their lives without privacy.

Two workers whisper to each other beside Amara.

Amara: What's that?

They continue talking while glancing at her.

Amara: What do you say?

We were just talking about giving her another bath before you meet Cienna. - they say in hushed tones.

Now everyone is looking at the mentioned man.

Later Amara is lying alone on the table in the room when the door opens, and Cienna enters. Amara immediately sits up on the table.

Cienna: You did a very brave thing for your sister. I'm Cienna.

Amara: Amara.

This was truly a very brave thing. - says one on the professors. Peeta just proudly hugs Amara to himself.

Cienna: I'm sorry things turned out this way. But I'm here to help in any way i can.

Amara: Most people usually congratulte.

Cienna: Well, i don't understand what for. Tonight is the opening ceremony where you can showcase yourself to the big audience.

Amara: You came to dress me up?

Cienna: I came to help.

Amara and Cienna smile at each other. While others people watch them with smiles, they see the strong bond between the two. President Snow, however, observes them with sharp eyes.

Cienna: Generally, the clothes represent the individual district.

Amara: Yes we are always miners.

Cienna: Yes, but let's forget abut that. I want you to be unforgettable. Have they told you about the sponsors role?

Amara: Yes, but I'm not the friendly type.

Now that's true. Haymitch desclares, prompting laughter from the others who know Amara.

Cienna: We'll see. Someone this brave wouldn't wear a ridiculous costume, right? he asks while stroking her hair.

Amara: I hope not. She says with a smile.

That's so sweet of you to try to help and encourage. - Molly says. "Yes, thank you" Lily smiles at Cienna.

---- That's it for today's part, I hope you enjoyed it. I'll try to bring another part tomorrow, but I make no promise.💕

Let me know how you liked this part, and don't forget to hit the like button.❤️

Sending a million kisses and hugs to all of you, and thank you for being with me.💕❤️