Part 14

Hosting box

Caesar: As always, the familiar sound of a cannon resounds, indicating the fall of an opponent.

Oh, that's truly encouraging, - Ron sarcastically remarks. "At least you know how many are still in the arena with you" Finnick responds.

Arena

Amara counts the booms to herself. The cannon has fired a total of six times. After this, Amara sees a butterfly, lets it land on her finger, and then watches it fly away.

Everyone smiles at the scene displayed on the screen.

Afterward, she finds a small stream to fetch water. A little later, she carves the end of a stick into a point and begins setting traps, continuing this for a few hours. Finally, she starts cooking some meat she gathered in the forest. After extinguishing the fire, Amara searches for a tree to climb for a safety. Upon reaching a larger branch, she stops and begins securing herself to the tree with a rope. As she tries to rest, she notices something strange on the tree and leans in closer to the hidden camera.

Sirius asks in confusion, "Why the heck is there a camera there?" Amara responds, "Cameras are hidden everywhere to see what's happening." Sirius smiles at her response, glad she finally spoke up.

Game Control Room

The game developers see Amara looking into the camera, and one of them start pulling up images of the desaced competiors on the screen.

Arena

Amara suddenly looks up at the sky as she hears the Capitol athem, observing the images of the decased tributes.

District 3, female.

District 4, male.

District 6, male.

District 7, female,

District 8, male.

District 9, female.

As the athem concludes, Amara exhales in relief, grateful not to see Peeta's image in the sky.

In the Great Hall, everyone also breathes a sigh of relief in unison.

Amara cautiously closer her eyes, leaning against the tree, attempting to sleep. After a short while, she opens her eyes with a hint of unease, sensing the smell of smoke. Looking to the side, she notices another tribute has lit a fire. Amara rolls her eyes, shakes her head, and leans back against the tree once more.

Hermione asks, "why didn't you go down and tell them to put out the fire instead of mocking them?" Several look at her in astonishment. Amara tightly closes her eyes, squeezing her soulmates hands. "Are you really that foolish? Why would she go down and risk her life for someone else's mistake?" Enobaria.

The girl from District Ten sits over the fire, trying to warm her hands when she suddenly hears a movement. She looks up, and her eyes widen. Behind the girl stands the Career pack ( Cato, Clove, Marvel, Glimmer). Smiling, Cato hands his sword to Glimmer.

Oh, the poor girl. - Molly sobs.

Amara hears a blood-curdiling scream, startled, she sits up. Thenthe sound of cannon fire echoes. Amara edges closer to the tree in fear.

It's your fault, you could have gone there and helped her. You're a monster. - Hermione confronted Amara. "Not a monster!" Harry, Peeta, and Finnick stood up simultaneoulsy. "Let me hit this bitch!" Johanna abruptly stands up, rushes to Hermione, and lands a punch on her jaw. Haymitch and Enobaria quickly intervene to pull her away, while Johanna continues shouting. "Even is she had helped, she wouldn't have made it in time! And they would have killed her! What do you know about the games anyway? Image if you were in the arena! I'd love to see you survive the bloodbath" she yells. Hermione looks at Harry for help. 'Don't look at me, you called my sister a monster." Harry says. Everyone turns to Amara to see her reaction, but she avoids their gaze, focusing only on Finnick and Peeta, who whisper sweet words to reassure her. Lily and James watch Amara with concern, while Haymitch puts his hand on their shoulders and speaks, "She'll be fine, the boys always calm her down" After everyone calms down a bit, they resume the screeming.

The hosts box

Caesar: Well, in the first 8 hours, thirteen have been eliminated. And Claudius, it seems like an alliance is forming.

How suprising. - Finnick says sarcastically.

Arena

Amara hears someone approaching, so she moves closer to the tree.

Lily and James look at the screen with concern.

The career group walks by the tree, laughing.

Marvel: Did you see the look on her face?

Glimmer: Oh please don't kill me, oh no!

Cato: There was nothing as you killed! - he says, while everyone is laughing.

How can anyone laugh at someone's death? - asks Molly with disgust. "They've been trained for the games their whole lives." says Peeta. "That may be, but it's no reason to laugh at someone's death" says Lily nervously.

Cato: Hey loverboy! - Peeta slowly walks over to Cato.

Well, this is all we needed. - James nods towards the screen.

Amara looks down at Peeta with concern as soon as she sees him.

Cato: Are sure she went this way?

Peeta: Yes, I'm sure.

Cato: I recommend it.

Peeta: Yes, these are her traps.

So they're using you to find Amara? Why? - Lily asks, worried. "Because Amara got the highest score, and they know she poses a threat." Peeta replies.

The career group continues walking a bit further.

Glimmer: Are you sure we shouldn't kill him now?

Cato: Yes, only he can find her. - he says, then he puts his arm around Glimmer's shoulder, and they continue walking.

Ugh, I hate them. - Ginny declares, eliciting laughtger from several people. "Belive me, we hate them too." says Amara, who continues to cling tightly to Peeta and Finnick.

Peeta waits until they walk further, then looks up the tree, where Amara is already looking at him with concern.

Peeta: Are you okay? - he asks softly.

Amara: Yes, I'm fine. How about you?

Peeta: I'm fine, they won't harm me because they want to find you.

Amara nods slowly, still looking at him with concern.

Peeta: I need to go avoid suspicion.

Amara: Okay, we'll meet later. I love you so much, Peeta. - she says, looking into his eyes.

Peeta: I love you too, Amara. - he says happily, then continues walking, as Amara rerely expresses her feelings.

Oh, Merlin! How sweet! - Ginny exclaims, standing up. "Yes, it's so clear that they love each other and would do anything for one another" Luna says dreamily. Several others nod in agreement. Amara, Peeta and Finnick just gaze at each other with love, truly wiling to do anything for one another.

----- How were the holidays at your place? Is everything fine with you?❤️

How did you like today's part?🫶

Comment and vote🫶❤️